what do you have for lunch

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
sounds lovley kat would love ur recipe.. ive read eggs bacon is good as a morning breakfast as you have said (and I finaaly understand) hahaah fat slows down the carbs so that's y u all eat butter cream etc . I had scrambeled egg this morn but was hungry by 10am so will try bacon and mushroom to se how that does . soon as I get my bloody meter :roll:

K

Kat100

I made my soup with cauliflower, leaks and a bit of Stilton. One of my favourites..... X

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can make veg soup out of almost any veg you have to hand chop it up bung it in a pan or pressure cooker add water to cover stick in a veg stock cube cook for 10 -15 mins thin blitz and eat or add a dollop of cream first .Experiment with different veg its suprising what good results you can get .I make loads on a thursday before I go fresh veg shopping I use what ever I have left and then freeze what we dont eat on that day I have had some very interesting soups :lol:
CAROL

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Home made soup for me but I can't manage bread so I have cheese with it.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
the soups sound lovley and I will be trying esp the cauliflower and stilton, and veg soups adding dollop cream sounds gorgus , thanku so much you have given me so many ideas as tuna sandwitch bloating me must be the burgon bread will test wen the meter arrives see what works best thankyou all

Fiona I

Engineer88 said:
super tasty carb free meal (add carbs if you so wish) Chicken breast, cut up, pan fryed with onion, add butter and garlic and cream. (I had garlic butter in the freezer ready made).

stir fry some greens and brocoli and throw the chicken on top to serve :)

I have just had this for my lunch, added mushrooms as well :D :D :D
DELICIOUS :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
depends love sausage cassarol in the slow cooker easy but not quick... also cauli pizza fairly quick ish and easy. Sainsburys do cod with pesto in a microwave back 3 mins and done?

Omlette or stir fry are also always winners. I can eat 3 eggs a day no problem.

If you want either of those recipies let me know :D

Fiona I

Engineer88 said:
depends love sausage cassarol in the slow cooker easy but not quick... also cauli pizza fairly quick ish and easy. Sainsburys do cod with pesto in a microwave back 3 mins and done?

Omlette or stir fry are also always winners. I can eat 3 eggs a day no problem.

If you want either of those recipies let me know :D

My slow cooker is never off :lol:

omelettes are staple meal now in my house :lol:

thanks for the ideas

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sounds lovley must try the sausage casserole this weekend , what u add to it as I seem to wonder with pulses etc

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I try and put a couple of types of sausage in and chorizio, about a pt of chicken stock, a tin of butter beans, tbl spoon of tomato paste, and some praprika to taste (unless you have spicy sausage) pepper onions leeks (stuff that will reduce), you name it, whatever is in the fridge goes in cook for an hour and a half (on my slow cooker). Tempted to add cabbage next time.

Nearly forgot I roast the sausages before adding. You can also add bacon but I found it too salty then.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
cath99 said:
sounds lovley must try the sausage casserole this weekend , what u add to it as I seem to wonder with pulses etc

Pulses are ok for many type 2s and you can also use things like pearl barley. Things like lamb and barley stew are great

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... ley-recipe and you can use pearl barley as a rice substitute in paella or kedgeree

primary.jpg

http://www.weighitup.com.au/recipe/20/kedgeree

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
yummy I will be trying both of these ideas ,, make a nice change from chicken or fish, thankyou much .. your help is muchly appreciated as a very new t2 .. :roll:

K

Kat100

Yum, I have just made a veggie quorn sausage hotpot for tonight...... With veg...and a few chunky chips homemade rustic style, for baking in the oven

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
oh my I will never lose the weight with all these recipies lol

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
cath99 said:
oh my I will never lose the weight with all these recipies lol

I lost 30 Kg.

Cut off extra fats on things like bacon, spread butter more thinly, don't eat too much cheese and if you have it sliced on ryvita, slice it thinly and don't eat too many things like sausages where you may not know what is in them.

Have a look at the Hairy Dieters recipe book. It's not really for low carbers but there are many recipes that can be adapted and it has a lot of good hints and tips.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hairy-Diete ... 0297870475

My favourite is southern style chicken and prawn jambalaya. I use parboiled brown rice instead of white rice. It is low GI and is only a 1/3rd of the cals of other brown rice.