What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: prawns with Marie Rose sauce on a low carb roll with a side of coleslaw. No sunshine to ripen my second avocado :(

2024-04-27 19.12.17.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Often it's over a week or even 10 days for mine. Some never seem to soften, just go straight from hard to bad. :( I buy the small ones so there's less to throw away if that happens.
Perhaps I've been lucky @MrsA2. Although supermarkets have the purchasing power, independent greengrocers, if you're fortunate to have one within striking distance, know how to look after avocados.

I was introduced to avocados early in life. Grandpa was ex-services and had developed a liking for them whilst stationed in Jamaica. Back in the day, they were not widely available here in the UK and I remember my parents making a lengthy detour to a high class greengrocer in Covent Garden in order to buy Grandpa's avocados. Whilst good quality, grandpa always maintained that they couldn't quite match the flavour of those he'd enjoyed in Jamaica.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs and scallops, asparagus spears smothered with butter, all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Aperitif: dry white wine.
Tuna steaks rolled in finely chopped celery and oregano, baked with sweet red peppers and aubergines, moistened with double cream and topped with extra mature Cheddar cheese.
Steamed French beans and mangetout with a knob of butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Four squares, Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate.

D: Seafood salad made with king prawns and brown shrimps, avocado, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions and Kalamata olives with home-made aioli for dipping and topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all on this dark and miserable rainy day! :( Today's menu; L. Chicken thighs airfried with vegetables. T. Scrambled eggs with grated cheese. Have as good a day as you can.

sueh21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, back from holiday to enjoy the lovely Spring weather…..oh wait…
Yesterday
B Yog, blueberries,seeds
L Tuna, avocado salad
D Indian takeaway, chicken tikka and salad,saag paneer, cauli rice, raita and small piece of poppadom