What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
that

that is pretty good, what chocolate is that?

I'm in Canada, choice is limited as most of the local manufactures make candy bars. I've been purchasing Lindt 90% Cacao supreme dark. My wife finds it bitter and prefers the 70%.

@icklepea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in Canada, choice is limited as most of the local manufactures make candy bars. I've been purchasing Lindt 90% Cacao supreme dark. My wife finds it bitter and prefers the 70%.

I will check it out see if i can find an alternative in the UK. thanks

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

You can get Lindt in all the major supermarkets in the UK. For LCHF, choose from 70%, 85%, 90% ... These are relatively low in carbs. The 85% is 1.5 g carb per square. I also buy other varieties in Lidl and Aldi when they have them. They usually do. Whichever brand, the minute other ingredients are added, like caramel, fruit, mint etc, you can bet the carb content increases.

Re cauliflower rice, it tastes really good. I was very surprised when I learned about it here and tried it. Yes, you can add or substitute broccoli and that's lovely too.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

You can get Lindt in all the major supermarkets in the UK. For LCHF, choose from 70%, 85%, 90% ... These are relatively low in carbs. The 85% is 1.5 g carb per square. I also buy other varieties in Lidl and Aldi when they have them. They usually do. Whichever brand, the minute other ingredients are added, like caramel, fruit, mint etc, you can bet the carb content increases.

Re cauliflower rice, it tastes really good. I was very surprised when I learned about it here and tried it. Yes, you can add or substitute broccoli and that's lovely too.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

@icklepea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you,

thanks me and my partner are going to try it within the week :) see what we think about it. i have bought 3 cookbooks so they are giving me ideas too :)

alliebee

Breakfast was 2 poached eggs on a bed of rocket leaves at 7am
Lunch was a small sirloin steak 6 oz pan fried with butter and mushrooms with tiny portion of left over cauli cheese from yesterday. Oh happy tum :)
Supper yet to be decided but probably smoked salmon and a salad with dressing
Eating better than I've done in a ling time and no carb craving at all. Its simply disappeared!
Finding my appetite is drastically reduced this past week.. average daytime readings are 6.2. A massive improvement..I even got a 4.7 before my dinner yesterday so my meter is happy too

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 16 diabetes miracle eating:

Scrambled egg and bacon
chicken stir fried with broccoli, beans and served stirred with double cream, grated cheddar and parmesan. Mr B has decided that this one is a winner. But I think I should have put more salt in, and ground some black pepper on... ah well, you live and learn.

Will slow cook my ratatouille with beef mince tonight, so that should keep us going a few days :) but not sure about tonights meal.

I had a mug cake last night, and while I really enjoyed it, it made me feel bloated and slept badly (ground almonds, egg, butter, cream, vanilla essence and baking powder) VERY unimpressed.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ratatouille and beef mince sounds lovely . Do you just bung all the ingredients in a pan like you were making a ragu?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ratatouille and beef mince sounds lovely . Do you just bung all the ingredients in a pan like you were making a ragu?

yes, cook the onions through, add the mince, brown the mince, transfer to slow cooker with garlic, shedloads of tinned tomato, courgette, aubergine, peppers (whatever takes your fancy in a med veg sort of way...), a beef stock cube, and leave overnight on LOW. I would season at the end of cooking, and add any herbs just before it cools, then they don't lose their flavour, and perk up again with the reheating. :hungry:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yes, cook the onions through, add the mince, brown the mince, transfer to slow cooker with garlic, shedloads of tinned tomato, courgette, aubergine, peppers (whatever takes your fancy in a med veg sort of way...), a beef stock cube, and leave overnight on LOW. I would season at the end of cooking, and add any herbs just before it cools, then they don't lose their flavour, and perk up again with the reheating. :hungry:

Sounds a winner that Will make some when my slow cooker returns. Junior's cooker in his uni house has been playing up all summer and was supposedly sorted but it isn't working and landlord now abroad for ten days so I had to hand my slow cooker over this morning. Already mission it.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds a winner that Will make some when my slow cooker returns. Junior's cooker in his uni house has been playing up all summer and was supposedly sorted but it isn't working and landlord now abroad for ten days so I had to hand my slow cooker over this morning. Already mission it.
Wouldn't it have been simpler to give him £20, and send him off to Argos??

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldn't it have been simpler to give him £20, and send him off to Argos??

Lol. I nearly bought them one from Asda for £14 quid but didn't have time to go. I don't think junior would understand how Argos works tbh- highest mark in second year this year but his life skills are less than those of a slug.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: 2 egg courgette frittata (made with a teaspoon of harissa), buttered mushrooms and half a grapefruit.
Snack: Slice of smoked salmon spread with cream cheese and rolled up - YUM!
Lunch: Chicory, apple, walnut and parmesan salad dressed with olive oil. 4 squares of ASDA Extra Special 85% dark choccy.
Dinner: Having halibut steak with ratatouille and couple of small boiled new potatoes.

alliebee

Breakfast. Ham and brie omlette. Lush

Lunch fresh sardines grilled with salad and dressing
Dinner is going to be pork loin medallions in a cream and mustard sauce with hispi cabbage leeks and a few brussels

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

And because I couldn't get on the forum all afternoon I've made a really nice lasagna. Instead of pasta I've used lots of sliced aubergines and made a lovely thick low carb cheese sauce for the top...they are always nicer next day so its tucked into the fridge for tom :)

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast bacon, poached egg mushrooms
lunch half bowl soup and some ham
dinner 97% sausage , mushrooms, tomato and few potato in skin wedges- off to peddle them away now!

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A wonderful tea is on the cards for this evening. Hubby is starting to make it now.
3 rashers of bacon, one egg, huge tomato, loads of mushrooms, 6 or 7 chips and a half slice of fried white bread. Can't wait. Last week same meal spiked me at 1hr by 1.8mmol/l and was almost back to base at 2 hours, so was well pleased with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.