Not open for further replies.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely not been a low carb day! Sunday at work = stress and hypos = me needing comfort food! (I work with someone who likes to tell me what I can and can't eat and raises her eyebrows when I say that as I'm type 1 I can eat what I want as long as I match my insulin to it - even though I generally don't - today, I bought 90% dark chocolate and she had a go at me!) sorry for that little rant! Consequently, today started well, and has ended ****!

Breakfast - Greek yoghurt and berries

Lunch - vegetarian fajitas (with lettuce leaf wrap)

And then... One square each of Lindt 90% dark choc and Lindt dark choc with caramel. Quater of a millionaire bar.

Then after an argument - feast ice cream and magnum white (yeah I know, fatty)

Just now - toasted tea cake with loads of butter - naughty, but maaaaan it tasted good!

Adding up my carbs... I now feel guilty... And a little sick so start again tomorrow! :'(
Don't feel guilty - waste of time!
Just turn the guilt into plotting your next low carb indulgence ;)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tell that colleague to mind their own business.

Start again tomorrow xxxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

AlexandraMarnie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't feel guilty - waste of time!
Just turn the guilt into plotting your next low carb indulgence ;)
The worst thing - I haven't been hungry all week - like not craving anyway - now I HAVE TO HAVE another tea cake - it's calling me!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@AlexandraMarnie89 Grrrr...My blood is boiling for you. Perhaps Deb can fashion one of her nut balls into a voodoo nut ball shaped like your colleague and you can bite her head off! :dead:

Take care x

Reactions: 4 people

AlexandraMarnie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tell that colleague to mind their own business.

Start again tomorrow xxxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
I have done - millions of times and I get pulled into the office and given earrings for it as she's my supervisor and "you can't talk to her like that" apparently I'll go hypo if I eat chocolate/biscuits/crisps/chips -_- I give up with them!

@AlexandraMarnie89 Grrrr...My blood is boiling for you. Perhaps Deb can fashion one of her nut balls into a voodoo nut ball shaped like your colleague and you can bite her head off! :dead:

Take care x

Ohhhhh now THAT is an idea! Haha

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Would be nice to be given earrings every time you ate chocolate though wouldn't it? :joyful:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ironically, we have a newly diagnosed diabetic in our office. A Born Again dieter, and very fond of informing other people about what they should/shouldn't eat.

She did it with me, once.
The second time I was ready for her.
I hate confrontation, and I try really hard to stay on the polite, civilised side of discussions, but sometimes people just have to be told how hurtful their comments are. But I never come away from it without a bad taste in my mouth.

Unfortunately, she still does it to other people - but oddly, never when I am in hearing...

Good luck with resolving it @AlexandraMarnie89 it ain't easy.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Supervisor or not, you are protected in law and she is not allow to harass you because of your medical condition. What a cow.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast bacon,, mushrooms, tom
lunch tuna and feta salad in a box as we went out for drive
dinner more breakfast with quorn sausages and a fried egg as Mr E took one look a the leftover chilli from yesterday and said it would be pushing it to feed two! ; rhubarb and flaxseed with some greek yogurt.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: scrambled egg on livlife toast, ketchup.

Dinner: same as last night - Mexican stuff and cheesecake.

Having a decaf diet coke now as the dinner was very salty.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
On waking: 6 cashews
Breakfast: a splendid cooked breakfast. I asked for bacon and scrambled eggs, then had to 'save' Mr B from the horrors of black pudding and buttered mushrooms. Plus small latte.
Lunch: not necessary
Snack: lemon blobby thing
Dinner: the latest moussaka incarnation. Best yet.

May have also had a spoonful of mashed potato. Mr B had ALL the rest. Yes, my saintly status is (almost) intact.
Brunneria, just wanted to know do you still eat something first thing every day. Unwell on Tuesday and bs doing weird things. Normally 6-6.8 but since Wednesday been 7 and rising. 8.1 this morning. Didn't you do something first thing to bring it down or am I going mad?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry to hear about your work situation. Sometimes It's best just to grit teeth and nod, as you'll never win with some folk. I'm so glad I went self-employed when we took over farm as my last boss was a prize t*sser. He noticed I had put on weight and asked if I was pregnant and when I explained I was on fertility treatment, he said that if my husband couldn't manage it, he'd give it a go anytime!!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
On waking: 2 smal Brazils.
Breakfast: leftover moussaka (v small portion) and a cuppa tea
Lunch: leftover moussaka (v small portion)
On dog walk: 9bar
Dinner: you've guessed it - leftover moussaka (bigger portion). This is our third moussaka fest in as many weeks. I think it is a **** near perfect LCHF food - without potato, of course! And sooo filling and satisfying. I think I could live on it in ketosis. Then jelly and cream.
Last thing: 2 small Brazils.
Please could I have the recipe for the moussaka?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cooked breakfast: fried and scrambled eggs , sausage, bacon and tomatoes.

Late lunch of broccoli, cauliflower and cheese soup, Turkish sryle yogurt with stevia and cinnamon.

Dinner of a turkey burger (and a little bit) , some cheese and air dried beef

Snacks, so far: a bag of pork crunch and probably a low carb choc bar as my order arrived today. Can't wait to try the praline syrup!
I never thought of adding stevia! Doh! Will do that in the future! Thanks!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm sorry to hear about your work situation. Sometimes It's best just to grit teeth and nod, as you'll never win with some folk. I'm so glad I went self-employed when we took over farm as my last boss was a prize t*sser. He noticed I had put on weight and asked if I was pregnant and when I explained I was on fertility treatment, he said that if my husband couldn't manage it, he'd give it a go anytime!!
I believe that's called sexual harassment. Did you say that's fine. Let me lend you a magnifying glass so you can find it?!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunneria, just wanted to know do you still eat something first thing every day. Unwell on Tuesday and bs doing weird things. Normally 6-6.8 but since Wednesday been 7 and rising. 8.1 this morning. Didn't you do something first thing to bring it down or am I going mad?

Yup.
The thread is here, but it's looooonnnnnggggg.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/pesky-dawn-phenomenon.57672/
If you want the short version:
  • Eat a cheese string or Brazil nut the moment you open your eyes.
  • Do not go for a wee first.
  • Do not get up.
  • Do not pass Go.
  • Do not collect £200
As far as I can tell, by snaffling a little snack before any physical activity at all, you are telling your liver 'no need to dump glucose into the bloodstream, there is food on the way, see, here is a sample of the low carb goodies to come'

It took 2 weeks, but by then I had reached the point where my dawn phenomenon stops in its tracks, and often drops slightly, before breakfast.

Nowadays, I have a Brazil nut every morning.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have been quite lucky with my boss. He knows I will kill him if he tells anyone about my D so he always offers me sweeties etc so that I look "normal" in front of the others :wacky:

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.