What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Watched LoD now ... I want to watch them all again!

Cheese omelette for breakfast

Broccoli and Stilton soup for lunch

Fathead pizza with salad for tea

Snack will be 1/2 Lidl roll if peckish

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and yoghurt

L. Slice of ham, sliver of Stilton followed by a pomegranate pot.

D. Steak and onion gravy, carrots, onion and cauliflower. Strawberries with cream.

Pot of pomegranate for Masterchef :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Watched LoD now ... I want to watch them all again!

Cheese omelette for breakfast

Broccoli and Stilton soup for lunch

Fathead pizza with salad for tea

Snack will be 1/2 Lidl roll if peckish
I'm going to buy the DVD's. All 4 seasons are out on 8 May or currently you can get seasons 1-3 for £13 on Amazon in a box set.
I watched season 1 again last week on Netflix (they have seasons 1 & 2 ) and there were a few balaclava men but there were things I'd forgotten and that I'd overlooked. Watching all of them again will keep me going until my next fix with season 5. Hope they commission even more.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@mo53 - Thanks :)

I'm fasting on Tuesday and Wednesday so (hopefully) watching them back to back will take my mind off it.
@Chook all seasons are not on iPlayer.
Netflix has seasons 1 & 2 for free if you are a member. If not you can have a months free trial. Amazon prime have all seasons but they are about £8 or £9 each season. It is better value to buy the DVDs from Amazon as they have a box set of seasons 1-3 for £13 which is great value. I checked BBC as well but they are dearer than Amazon.

Reactions: Snapsy and Ultramum

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit higher this morning after my bigger meal last night but back in the 5's now. Bed 6.9 FBG 7.1 and 7.7 pre breakfast.
B. Still on the boiled egg stock with lettuce and helmanns. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
Going to garden centre and having lunch there
L. Warm chicken and bacon salad - passed on the croutons and the chips. Just water to drink.
D. Leftovers from yesterday's starter - prawns , Marie rose sauce, lettuce, Vittoria tomatoes, 1 piece smoked mackerel, 2 bits smoked salmon, a few fresh anchovies, 3 mozzarella pearls.
Lots of leftovers and happily back àt 5.2.
Lovely day off rushing about. Got the start of the plugs for the hanging sleeves and my many planters. Planting starts tomorrow.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese omelette with mushrooms

Out at an antique centre today - exercise is pushing my friend round in her wheelchair! -lunch - no idea but probably salad of some sort

Indian crackslaw for this evening - mince already cooked so quick and easy to prepare after a day out.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Fasting today:

Breakfast: Mug of coffee
Lunch: Mug of fruit tea
Dinner: Mug of Bovril
Supper: Mug of camomile tea

Reactions: Ultramum

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I've read a lot of these now and nobody seems to have porridge, which my husband does every day, with blueberries?

Hi there,
Like lots of people on here I used to have porridge most mornings but carbs and grains do push the blood glucose levels up,mine would be sky high now so I don't do carbs. Does your husband test is BG levels before and 2 hours after he has eaten, this would be the best indicator of what raises his BG so he could avoid it in future.Lots of alternatives breakfasts!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Cheese omelette with mushrooms

Out at an antique centre today - exercise is pushing my friend round in her wheelchair! -lunch - no idea but probably salad of some sort

Indian crackslaw for this evening - mince already cooked so quick and easy to prepare after a day out.

What is Indian crackslaw?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After my 'day off' I have No 2 here today as Mum is doing a course at Uni this week. Will be off to Gym Monkeys in about 1 hr.
B. 2 Herta Chicken sausages, back bacon , fried egg
L. Boiled egg and Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
D. Air fried chicken thigh and drumstick with steamed green veg and celeriac chips.
BG getting better again Bed 6.9 FBG also 6.9 pre breakfast 7.6.
I've ordered the Line of Duty box set on DVD so I can see what clues I missed first time around.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
While I'm sitting about in car might as well add today's food. Had a bad night but BG is good Bed on 6.4 FBG was 5.4 (yes you saw that right ) and pre breakfast 6.2.
B. Last of my boiled egg stock - will do more today. Lettuce, 3 Vittoria tomatoes, slice of ox tongue and helmanns.
L. Nothing although might get time to grab a Tassimo morning coffee.
D. Casseroled 97% gluten free sausages with loads of veggies. Grandsons having it with mash I'll stick to veggies.

Reactions: Ultramum

robboftm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey, newly diagnosed so thought i'd join in.

Breakfast - Wholegrain rolled oats with blueberries. (may need to change as trying to be as low carb as poss.)
Lunch - Chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots with a small amount of sriracha.
Dinner - Will be a chicken dinner with plenty of veg.

Reactions: Goonergal and Chook

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey, newly diagnosed so thought i'd join in.

Breakfast - Wholegrain rolled oats with blueberries. (may need to change as trying to be as low carb as poss.)
Lunch - Chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots with a small amount of sriracha.
Dinner - Will be a chicken dinner with plenty of veg.

Hello and welcome

Oats can be a bit iffy on low carb although it depends on how low carb you are aiming for.

Are you testing before and after meals to see their effect?

What is sriracha? A food or a typo? :p

Reactions: mo53