What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ended up doing a 24 hour fast. Having skipped dinner last night due to not being hungry, I expected to wake up hungry, but didn't so skipped breakfast as normal. Liver didn't like it at all. Woke on 5.3, up to 6.7 about 3 hours later and even before lunch was still at 5.6. Did come down to 5.1 after lunch though.

Breakfast - skipped

Lunch - Nando's. Plain half chicken with salad

One hours walking football. Those of you with an interest in football will know from my username that I'm an Arsenal fan. Well, we got to play on the Emirates pitch today - so exciting!

Dinner - salami and cheese; 2 squares 90%

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
My alarm didn't go off so I've just woken up!! 10 hours sleep!!!!

Breakfast: two boiled eggs, buttered Lidl protein roll soldiers

Lunch: 4 walnuts, 4 brazil nuts and (probably) two squares of 90%

Dinner: Cold Fat Head Pizza and salad

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
B- 2x boiled egg and chicken breast

L - sat on Bournemouth beach having picnic . For me a 5 bean salad with chicken, onion, tomatoes, cucumber,walnuts, almonds and jalapeño

D- BBQ so burgers and sausages and and salad ( maybe a low gi roll)

Reactions: Chook and Ultramum

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese omelette and mushrooms

Massimo Costa Americano over ice with cream plus 7 pecans - sitting in the sun in the gardens in the town centre

Indian crackslaw

Probably going to crack open a bottle of red in celebration of no work for a fortnight :)

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.

Breakfast - skipped

Lunch - 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers bacon, side salad

Dinner - bolognese with courgetti and grated cheese; 2 squares 90%

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
Just had a proper blow out

D= low gi roll (85gram), 2xburger, 2x lamb kebab 2x pork belly strips, 2x Edam cheese slice plus salad and fried mushrooms
Meat was from the BBQ range in Tesco
2x Rioja (500ml)

All in around 2000 calories

Great end to great day on holiday

Pre dinner 4.9
1hr 5.5

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes

Massimo Costa Americano over ice with cream plus 7 pecans - sitting in the sun in the gardens in the town centre

Indian crackslaw

Probably going to crack open a bottle of red in celebration of no work for a fortnight :)

Indian crackslaw sounds interesting ?

Red wine also . I am a newbie to the rouge but since I heard it reduces cholesterol and also seems to slow down the whole BS thing and goes well with steak I am a massive convert

Reactions: Ultramum

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt

L.. Corned beef, small pot of houmous and Harrogate blue cheese.

D. Chicken fillet in a mushroom sauce with cauliflower cheese and peas.

Pomegranate pot:)

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

In Leeds booking our Australia trip so may be coffee or a salad

Cauli and broccoli with the cheese sauce from diet doctor's turkey (?) recipe - on train with naff Internet hence the lack of specifics

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs on a toasted and buttered Lidl roll

Lunch: 4 walnuts, 4 brazil nuts

Dinner: Shredded Slow cooked lamb in Moroccan spices with aubergine and cauliflower rice fried in butter and a green side salad

Snack: 2 squares of 90%

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Managed to miss putting anything in yesterday. Was a bit of a complicated day as my car was in for a service which restricts what I can do. Anyway it came back all fit and healthy.
B/L 2 rashers of back bacon, fried egg, 1 mushroom, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 M&S posh puppies - Cornish cove and bacon and Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
D. Poached salmon fillet with tablespoon of prawns and a few fresh anchovies. Lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 avocado, boiled egg, tablespoon cheese coleslaw, 2 Walnuts.
2 squares 90%.

Today
B. Boiled egg on the move. DIL is doing a First Aid Course as part of her training and British Red Cross not the easiest place to get to from here.
L. Fresh anchovies, 4 mozzarella pearls, lettuce, 3 Vittoria tomatoes, tablespoon cheese coleslaw and Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
D. Going to give these Oomi Noodles a go as a carbonara. Will report whether they are any good.
Off on my travels again soon once first aid course ends. Boys are at pre school and after school club today.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening. Fishy day today.

Breakfast - skipped

Lunch - tinned salmon (haven't had it in years) mixed with mayo; salad (baby spinach, rocket, baby plum tomatoes)

Dinner - seabass fillet fried in butter with juice of half a lemon; broccoli; 2 squares 90%

Reactions: Chook and Ultramum

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Blackberries with cream

L. I was tempted and couldn't resist..... A small warm ,freshly made pork pie! My. Partner arrived home with it for me and I just didn't have the will power to resist.

1 hours swimming

D. 2 popadoms. Tandoori king prawn with salad. Tikka tikka mixed tandoori with salad.

Last edited:

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all

B- full fat Greek yogurt with raspberries and nuts
L- nothing
D - home from work to a bbq in the garden with dd buffalo chicken wings, burgers and salad all with a glass of wine mmmm

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What are posh puppies?
You get them in M&S. Part of the summer range. They have the Posh Dogs (fancy sausages for the BBQ) Posh Puppies are the little ones. The boys love them but carb wise you can easily eat 2 of them. Carb wise the Posh Puppies with cornish cove cheddar and bacon is the best but there are loads of flavours. They are also a good size for the Fathead sausage rolls in that 25 best of Fathead link I found. Really tasty.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK Oomi Noodles - I am delighted to say that is the most pasta like non pasta I have ever had. Got them in Tesco and you get 2 portions. 1 portion is 7g of carbs. I made an Oomi Carbonara.
Fried off some panchetta and a couple of chestnut mushrooms in olive oil. Added a pack of Oomi Noodles and stir fried to loosen them up (dropped the heat a bit). Then added about a dessert spoon of Philly , dash of double cream and couple of tablespoons of parmesan. Plenty of black pepper. REALLY tasted good.
Noodles are made with fish protein but there is no smell and no taste of fish. Can really recommend them.
PS Portion was big enough for me. Males may need something alongside it.

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
OK Oomi Noodles - I am delighted to say that is the most pasta like non pasta I have ever had. Got them in Tesco and you get 2 portions. 1 portion is 7g of carbs. I made an Oomi Carbonara.
Fried off some panchetta and a couple of chestnut mushrooms in olive oil. Added a pack of Oomi Noodles and stir fried to loosen them up (dropped the heat a bit). Then added about a dessert spoon of Philly , dash of double cream and couple of tablespoons of parmesan. Plenty of black pepper. REALLY tasted good.
Noodles are made with fish protein but there is no smell and no taste of fish. Can really recommend them.
PS Portion was big enough for me. Males may need something alongside it.

I use Oomi noodles for stir fry . No issues with taste or texture