Status
Not open for further replies.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's the strongest. I'm not going to sit here and post a bunch of links, but I'm sure given the level of activity online you have, you're well aware of the work of Colin Campbell and Neal Barnard. :)

I'm well aware of the research because I have Type 1. I'm not sure what you mean by my online activity.

Reactions: 2 people

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
Insult you? That's a bizarre perception! I am curious - this is a huge message board, and there's a lot of people in the UK who are diabetic. I'm interested in type 2 diabetes because it's such an epidemic. And, it's fascinating reading a lot of success stories from people who are managing their condition using different methods. I love to learn, and there's a lot of information here :) I am not selling anything here.

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
I'm well aware of the research because I have Type 1. I'm not sure what you mean by my online activity.
I mean you've posted loads! :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A nutritionist, certainly not! However, it's not a protected title in the UK- so you can be one if you like :)

But yes - there appears to be people on here who have been living with the disease for years, that to me, sounds absurd - but then I tend to question everything. I don't write that in an argumentative or arrogance manner, it just amazes me.

Hello, firstly I am not type 2, but have friends with type 2.

Just curious, what is it exactly, that 'amazes' you ?

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
All the different methods, tests, and approaches.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes, the thread is about type 2 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is more commonly associated with consumption of bovine growth fluid after weaning.

Are you really interested, or are you just here for a laugh, I find your manner quiet condescending and someone who is looking for an online fight ?? I sincerely hope not.

Please explain the above, thank you.

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
I am really interested, but I appreciate tonality is tough to convey online and especially as I new here and perhaps more outspoken than most.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
why someone wouldn't want to get rid of these disease.

You couldn't possibly think we enjoy this could you???

there appears to be people on here who have been living with the disease for years, that to me, sounds absurd

Perhaps it is absurd so if you could find a better way for us that would be great!!!

I am all for learning new things but it appears you have A LOT to learn before you start judging and throwing those types of statements at us

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im just waiting for the lecture about how we need to eat lo fat plant foods 2 cure our diabetes and that lo carb hi fat is deadly lol

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Correct, we mustn't associate a nutritionist as having specific interest in preventative nutrition at all. I can see the confusion, however. You can have a look at my website if it helps you with clarity, but I'm not here to promote what I do.

Interesting comment about carbs though! I found a thread on here about whether it's good to eat oranges or not.. what a bizarre society we have become.

Not bizarre, as oranges can and do raise BS quite a lot. So the answer to your initial question is, diabetes is down to good control and good management.

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It's the strongest. I'm not going to sit here and post a bunch of links, but I'm sure given the level of activity online you have, you're well aware of the work of Colin Campbell and Neal Barnard. :)

Don't assume when posting, be polite and just ask :)

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
Ok, but ponder this then - the huge populations outside the western world will eat as much fruit as they like, and type 2 diabetes is almost unheard of.. would you agree that this is a western disease mainly?

C

catherinecherub

Insult you? That's a bizarre perception! I am curious - this is a huge message board, and there's a lot of people in the UK who are diabetic. I'm interested in type 2 diabetes because it's such an epidemic. And, it's fascinating reading a lot of success stories from people who are managing their condition using different methods. I love to learn, and there's a lot of information here :) I am not selling anything here.
If you are not selling anything then please do not offer to do so.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-rice.92334/page-2#post-1058612

Reactions: 6 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
For sure we have had these posters on here before,they eventually disappear or get banned

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ok, but ponder this then - the huge populations outside the western world will eat as much fruit as they like, and type 2 diabetes is almost unheard of.. would you agree that this is a western disease mainly?

India has a large number of people with Type 2, as an example.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am really interested, but I appreciate tonality is tough to convey online and especially as I new here and perhaps more outspoken than most.

I wouldn't disagree with you there.

Why don't you come back when you have grown up a little and then have a proper conversation/discussion with adults.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Well, many years ago, I was sat out on the back porch at the Esselstyn farm having dinner with Neal Barnard, and I just suddenly realised that actually the UK has this problem too. So, I worked with a bunch of people in the UK and had exactly the same results as he had in the states.
Neal Barnard is a silly man. Low fat indeed. I reversed my type 2 by eating masses of fat. The idea that eating animals is unhealthy is bizarre and unfounded. Meat is by far the healthiest food for humans. Neal Barnard has success in reversing type 2 in people because he has them stop eating refined carbs/sugar/factory processed food, not from low fat/vegetarian.

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
The rise of type 2 diabetes in the Indian subcontinent is a pretty recent development. John McDougall's migrant studies have shown us that. It can be said that in part, and probably a large part is that they are eating like us, and so acquiring the same diseases.

I'm not sure why you want to ban me; that would surely be childish. I have an open mind to all discussion and there's a whole heap of threads that could stem from this thread alone. The low carb rice thing is just bizarre.

As I said, I came across this forum out of curiosity - I actually found the site from looking for a conversion tool on the back of some recent blood work and wanted to convert my hba1c to a different set of units, prior to seeing cardiology later this month.

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
Neal Barnard is a silly man. Low fat indeed. I reversed my type 2 by eating masses of fat. The idea that eating animals is unhealthy is bizarre and unfounded. Meat is by far the healthiest food for humans. Neal Barnard has success in reversing type 2 in people because he has them stop eating refined carbs/sugar/factory processed food, not from low fat/vegetarian.

There's a bit more to it. As you'll appreciate type 2 diabetes is a tough disease - and for reversal, a tough approach is needed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.