What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north. 6 - the time I got up and the reading on meter of fools. The 6’s are alligning - I had better consult the entrails of a tea bag. A quite lovely day yesterday despite the gusting wind - does peppermint tea really work? Art bit - the sea, the sea. Hope your Monday is fair of face. I need more koffy.

1706514264206.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Am really pleased with that number as I was so lazy yesterday that I only did half as many steps as I normally do and ate twice as much food.

Actually that is a bit of an exaggeration - but I did have far too much peanut butter and some wonderful extra mature cheddar. My dessert of mascarpone cheese, berries and inulin was delicious also.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
9.4 at 0300 today. 8.7 at 0915. Still keeping my basal dose a bit lower than the last while. Maybe that's part of the reason for the higher than wanted BGs in the mornings. Not feeling so grotty today, even though I am still tired. That still might be part of it though.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
It is. I wonder if I should break that habit. We have far too many cups and mugs for our needs. Maybe I should use a different one each day. But then that is just another habit being formed - drat!
In the morning I use a particular blue mug which has the words Bright and Early Coffee on the side. After lunch we usually have tea. If i make, it in a matching pair of striped mugs. Late afternoon tea again but this time I prefer a pale green mug with large white spots, while MrSlim will be given a slightly larger plain white mug. Although I am not particular about which mugs are used for drinks at other times - I also have a preference for my bedtime lemon and ginger tea to be served in one particular mug.
All that said, it's rare for me to change whichever mug my drink arrives in and I am always grateful.
I'm not difficult, am I?
FBG 6.2

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the morning I use a particular blue mug which has the words Bright and Early Coffee on the side. After lunch we usually have tea. If i make, it in a matching pair of striped mugs. Late afternoon tea again but this time I prefer a pale green mug with large white spots, while MrSlim will be given a slightly larger plain white mug. Although I am not particular about which mugs are used for drinks at other times - I also have a preference for my bedtime lemon and ginger tea to be served in one particular mug.
All that said, it's rare for me to change whichever mug my drink arrives in and I am always grateful.
I'm not difficult, am I?
FBG 6.2
All sounds perfectly reasonable in every way.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Wildlife nighttime camera
2 foxes have a spat & wake up Cat Jade but Jade goes back to sleep
31 secs

Creative...fountain pen drawing, sprayed with water. Let it dry, and draw again...wherever the fountain pen wanders...

Time for a cuppa and a nap.

Have your best day...

View attachment 65864
Love how the animals don't have to live in fear of the others, and seem to co-exist so peacefully.

Sure there's a lesson in there for the world ....mmmhh

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a grey day here in L.A. on the morning after an historic win for Stokes, Foakes and 9 other blokes including Ollie P and Tom, Tom the Hartley's son. Less historic wins for the Chiefs and 9 ers - can the Ravens and Lions shake it off Swiftly? Just finishing 800 mls mug #3 of Assam tea and almond milk in my The Brew Father mug - Christmas present from #1 son and family years ago (at least 5). Coffee needs to be in this Starbucks mug. Obviously they are both white; be'ave yourselves with the coloured ones and absolutely never patterns or flowers. @dunelm and @gennepher thank you both for sharing the fruit/product of your artistic gifts. Bleak seems to be today's vibe. Talking of which, Iceberg Lizzie needs to shut up - shes's caused enough damage already. @JohnEGreen I hope the CT scan goes well, they are far longer and more noisy than MRIs. Y'all enjoy as much of Monday as you truthfully can.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north. 6 - the time I got up and the reading on meter of fools. The 6’s are alligning - I had better consult the entrails of a tea bag. A quite lovely day yesterday despite the gusting wind - does peppermint tea really work? Art bit - the sea, the sea. Hope your Monday is fair of face. I need more koffy.

View attachment 65865
Amazing painting. I see all kinds in this @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a grey day here in L.A. on the morning after an historic win for Stokes, Foakes and 9 other blokes including Ollie P and Tom, Tom the Hartley's son. Less historic wins for the Chiefs and 9 ers - can the Ravens and Lions shake it off Swiftly? Just finishing 800 mls mug #3 of Assam tea and almond milk in my The Brew Father mug - Christmas present from #1 son and family years ago (at least 5). Coffee needs to be in this Starbucks mug. Obviously they are both white; be'ave yourselves with the coloured ones and absolutely never patterns or flowers. @dunelm and @gennepher thank you both for sharing the fruit/product of your artistic gifts. Bleak seems to be today's vibe. Talking of which, Iceberg Lizzie needs to shut up - shes's caused enough damage already. @JohnEGreen I hope the CT scan goes well, they are far longer and more noisy than MRIs. Y'all enjoy as much of Monday as you truthfully can.
Thanks Ian...

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.8 this manic, and it is , Monday.
good luck @JohnEGreen.
I have only five cups, one has best grandad and the others best dad, don't care what order, as long as I can drink it in My spot. So Sheldon like. Mrs L has a couple of cups for all occasions of different sizes. Lots of them, too many.
Mrs L has been chatting and getting Christmas sorted (again), also wanting to cook her dad's favourite.
nice bit of steak to cook, that Mrs L took out of the freezer, without telling me. Had to tell her a porkie, about her appointment, she thought she had.
Still had to phone up, have to book an appointment on weds or thurs, will see!

We have had a lot of the wet stuff overnight, but it ain't freezing. My garden is already promising flowers within a couple of weeks and there is many more than I expected.
Too wet to cut grass.

Lovely artwork as per usual @gennepher, @dunelm and @jjraak, what are you on?

My best wishes to you all as always!

More tea vicar?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I forgot to add, I'm bidding for the footie pitches, to hold the nuclear missiles, our besties, are promising to house in the country. As I think that @ianpspurs has enough of those over here, to spread them over here as well. Gotta spread the love and dollars around!
What is the likelihood?

I actually visited Holy Loch that no one talks about. It's classified!

My dad was in the civil defence back in the sixties, and he let me see some sites around here. That were not open to public. (Don't forget I'm above that status)
I asked my dad what they were for, as most schools taught us to hide under desks, if there was an attack.
He told me, because of our area, we were second or third target for an attack.
He also added, that is the reason behind the Luftwaffe attacks and so many bombed sites around where we lived.
It wasn't until thirty years ago, I thought that strategic bombing, would not reach our present place of residence, until I discovered that just by the stadium of our local team, had three houses completely flattened by the Luftwaffe. And don't forget, they also bombed out chippy!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 this manic, and it is , Monday.
good luck @JohnEGreen.
I have only five cups, one has best grandad and the others best dad, don't care what order, as long as I can drink it in My spot. So Sheldon like. Mrs L has a couple of cups for all occasions of different sizes. Lots of them, too many.
Mrs L has been chatting and getting Christmas sorted (again), also wanting to cook her dad's favourite.
nice bit of steak to cook, that Mrs L took out of the freezer, without telling me. Had to tell her a porkie, about her appointment, she thought she had.
Still had to phone up, have to book an appointment on weds or thurs, will see!

We have had a lot of the wet stuff overnight, but it ain't freezing. My garden is already promising flowers within a couple of weeks and there is many more than I expected.
Too wet to cut grass.

Lovely artwork as per usual @gennepher, @dunelm and @jjraak, what are you on?

My best wishes to you all as always!

More tea vicar?
Thanks @Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I also had a big think about buying an ark, but got nowhere.
which got my brain into gear, I remember my dad telling me, when my aunty came to visit from cockknee land.
they were telling us of the time spent in their home, on the banks of the shoreline, which there was quite a few, and every heavy rain fall oor spring tide or storm, the land around was flooded or sodden. The homes were built on stilts of bricks from the nearby brick factory. The height was somewhere around three to four feet off the ground. These were knocked down prior to WWII. And after the war, the huge sea wall was built to stop the flooding. As far as I can remember, it has only caused an issue once during a storm.
Many buildings everywhere have steps up to the front door. And similar to my childhood home have a basement which was not wholly underground.
So when you those poor people flooded out on the news. Surely, old architectural designs, could be used for these areas. I don't get not doing it!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Th
Thank you @ianpspurs