What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late to the party today.

Fbg in the very early hours was something...I've forgotten now.

I had planned to go on a sketching expedition this morning. I had my hot breakfast and a flask of tea with me. All good so far. Went to the docks. Half way through my hot breakfast and drinking some tea, I noticed a dark car coming into the car park, there were loads of cars in the car park, but he was carefully choosing a space and he tucked himself away into the corner (a he or she, the windows were tinted at the front as well).

I had alarm bells a bit in my head, so I shut my car door, and locked the car. I finished my breakfast and had another cup of tea, but I wouldn't have minded leaving my car door open because it was sunny, but it was very windy. The person did not get out of their car and I kept an eye on it. I had intended getting out of the car and doing a bit of sketching of the river, but once I don't feel safe in a situation I abandon my plans.

At that moment, a man on a bicycle (there were loads of cyclists coming and going, but they were genuine cyclists if you get me) came into the car park. He cycled around every car, peering into the windows. He didn't come near my car because it was obvious I was sitting in it. And then, as he cycled out of the car park, the dark car with tinted windows started driving after him. It was obvious the cyclist had separate escape routes and I have no idea of the outcome....

I came home and I was very tired so I went back to bed to go to sleep and I have been sleeping all day. I didn't sleep properly last night so I did need to sleep. I feel like I have wasted a day because it's been sunny and I should've been in the garden or I should've done something else. What I should've done was not even go out this morning. ...

Now, to see what I can salvage from today…

And top it all , I have had a text to say that the 'post office' have a package for me, and this is not addressed properly, and that they need me to click this link to give them the correct address. Really??? But the thing is I am expecting a package between today and Monday. I know the sender of my package and my package will be addressed 100% properly. And he never puts my phone number on the outside of the package. And according to the tracking, my package is actually at the sorting Post Office now. I am obviously assuming this is a scam. How did they time these things so well. I've never had a text message like this ever before. And I receive letters and postcards most days, so my address is pretty well known to the sorting Post Office here. And even if an address is damaged they figure out it's me and I get the item in a plastic bag with an apology and sometimes I wonder how I get some of my items because there's not enough of a recognisable address, because the item has got damaged in transit either from machinery, or someone has actually torn the stamps off the envelope or the postcard. I collect interesting stamps and so do the people who I send my postcards and envelopes to, and they get the same damaged things at times. Unfortunately, it is a risk.

But it is my hobby and other peoples' hobby...

Wildlife nighttime camera.
Foxes & Cats & Badgers
42secs

Creative...alas no sketch today, but before I shut the car door in the car park, I did manage to photograph three dandelions on the ground so that is my creative for today...

The cat is asleep on top of me, he doesn't think I should get up now... do I listen to him or not?

A cup of tea first, I think from my bottomless flask.

I am definitely staying in for the next few days, no trips planned until midweek or later....

Have a good of whatever is left of the rest of your day...

View attachment 66865
Stressful day for you. The car and cyclist mystery sounds to me as though it could be drug related - or am I too suspicious? Thanks for sharing the photo of dandelions. Not a sentence I ever thought I'd type.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stressful day for you. The car and cyclist mystery sounds to me as though it could be drug related - or am I too suspicious. Thanks for sharing the photo of dandelions. Not a sentence I ever thought I'd type.
You're right Ian, it was actually quite stressful, and that made me overtired as well when I came back home.
I agree with you about the car and cyclist mystery being drug related, because there's a lot of that round this area anyway, and no you are not too suspicious. I didn't know whether to get out of the car park while the cyclist was still cycling around, but I thought it was safest to stay put until whatever incident was taking place took place, and then I could get the heck out of there.... @ianpspurs

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.3 and a busy day on the first afternoon in back garden of my plan, so. Turn over of soil, removal of dead and live grass, a few stones etc. Loosening all the soil. So it will be open to breathe when plants go in. Edging stones lifted, and put back lower and firmer. Might put a couple of old broken paving stones in between plants. I will see when they go in.

Mrs L is in a bit of a tizzy.
Bad day tomorrow. Her dad's birthday!
I have things to do, to keep out a the way.
And in her words, he's doin me 'ead in!

Going to see what is for tea.
And a cuppa for Mrs L.

My best wishes to you all as always and bless you all.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late to the party today.

I had planned to go on a sketching expedition this morning. I had my hot breakfast and a flask of tea with me. All good so far. Went to the docks. Half way through my hot breakfast and drinking some tea, I noticed a dark car coming into the car park, there were loads of cars in the car park, but he was carefully choosing a space and he tucked himself away into the corner (a he or she, the windows were tinted at the front as well).

I had alarm bells a bit in my head, so I shut my car door, and locked the car. I finished my breakfast and had another cup of tea, but I wouldn't have minded leaving my car door open because it was sunny, but it was very windy. The person did not get out of their car and I kept an eye on it. I had intended getting out of the car and doing a bit of sketching of the river, but once I don't feel safe in a situation I abandon my plans.

At that moment, a man on a bicycle (there were loads of cyclists coming and going, but they were genuine cyclists if you get me) came into the car park. He cycled around every car, peering into the windows. He didn't come near my car because it was obvious I was sitting in it. And then, as he cycled out of the car park, the dark car with tinted windows started driving after him. It was obvious the cyclist had separate escape routes and I have no idea of the outcome....

I came home and I was very tired so I went back to bed to go to sleep and I have been sleeping all day. I didn't sleep properly last night so I did need to sleep. I feel like I have wasted a day because it's been sunny and I should've been in the garden or I should've done something else. What I should've done was not even go out this morning. ...

And top it all , I have had a text to say that the 'post office' have a package for me, and this is not addressed properly, and that they need me to click this link to give them the correct address. Really??? But the thing is I am expecting a package between today and Monday. I know the sender of my package and my package will be addressed 100% properly. And he never puts my phone number on the outside of the package. And according to the tracking, my package is actually at the sorting Post Office now. I am obviously assuming this is a scam. How did they time these things so well. I've never had a text message like this ever before. And I receive letters and postcards most days, so my address is pretty well known to the sorting Post Office here. And even if an address is damaged they figure out it's me and I get the item in a plastic bag with an apology and sometimes I wonder how I get some of my items because there's not enough of a recognisable address, because the item has got damaged in transit either from machinery, or someone has actually torn the stamps off the envelope or the postcard. I collect interesting stamps and so do the people who I send my postcards and envelopes to, and they get the same damaged things at times. Unfortunately, it is a risk.

Foxes & Cats & Badgers
42secs

Creative...alas no sketch today, but before I shut the car door in the car park, I did manage to photograph three dandelions on the ground so that is my creative for today...

The cat is asleep on top of me, he doesn't think I should get up now... do I listen to him or not?

I am definitely staying in for the next few days, no trips planned until midweek or later....

View attachment 66865
Well what a palaver -drugs, police sting? I do like dandelions - my mum used to dry and grind the roots to make some ersatz coffee and use the leaves and flowers in salads - pissenlit (wet the bed) in French so not too many. I didn’t like the ‘Coffey’.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well what a palaver -drugs, police sting? I do like dandelions - my mum used to dry and grind the roots to make some ersatz coffee and use the leaves and flowers in salads - pissenlit (wet the bed) in French so not too many. I didn’t like the ‘Coffey’.
It might have been @dunelm

I like young dandelion leaves, but those that have not been watered by the fox & badger. I lift very young dandelion plants and put them in hanging baskets now...I am developing a hanging basket type of vegetable garden which should be complete by next spring...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Late to the party today.

Foxes & Cats & Badgers
42secs

View attachment 66865
That Post Office message does sound like a scam. Best to ignore it. Any such message should come from the Royal Mail, not the Post Office but I doubt they'd send you a text message anyway.

Hug for all the trials and tribulations today and enjoy the comfort from your furry friends. They are much less complicated than people.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It might have been @dunelm

I like young dandelion leaves, but those that have not been watered by the fox & badger. I lift very young dandelion plants and put them in hanging baskets now...I am developing a hanging basket type of vegetable garden which should be complete by next spring...
Sounds like a great idea.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@gennepher , I would be very wary of answering that text, I would ignore it.
it is more likely to be a scam.
I myself ignore texts and emails, unless I'm absolutely certain it is from someone you can trust.
I'm certain, I would not trust the post office either.
having been scammed, makes me question every message.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That Post Office message does sound like a scam. Best to ignore it. Any such message should come from the Royal Mail, not the Post Office but I doubt they'd send you a text message anyway.

Hug for all the trials and tribulations today and enjoy the comfort from your furry friends. They are much less complicated than people.
Yes it does @Annb

I haven't deleted the text message yet, but I will report it as a scam once I have safely received my package...

I carried on sleeping and I have only just woken up now just before midnight. When I am stressed I will sleep and sleep and this must have stressed me a lot. Midnight has been sleeping on top of me all this time so he just puts me to sleep!

Thank you...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like a great idea.
When I have finished my hanging vegetable garden @Annb probably next spring now then I'll take a photograph of it. I have constructed two archways to hang the baskets etc from and I've got a couple more to construct but I'm not quite sure the placement of the next two at the moment.

Thanks.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher , I would be very wary of answering that text, I would ignore it.
it is more likely to be a scam.
I myself ignore texts and emails, unless I'm absolutely certain it is from someone you can trust.
I'm certain, I would not trust the post office either.
having been scammed, makes me question every message.
Thank you for the advice @Lamont D
I agree, But I can see why someone would respond to it because my package is exactly where it should be according to Royal Mail Tracking that is with the sorting office.

I do not respond to telephone calls for the simple reason I cannot hear them because I am deaf, so I've never answered a telephone call in my life.

But about 8 years ago I was driving a friend somewhere and my phone was ringing, and he went to answer my phone, so I said leave it I never answer my phone, but it's annoying me he said so he answered it.

It's about your car he said, I'm still driving, and they want you to take it into the garage for an urgent repair. The dealership garage only ever communicated with me by email, so I said just put the phone down. He wouldn't, my friend carried on talking with them. Obviously I don't know what words they were using to him but it got him alarmed and 'they' convinced him there was something seriously wrong with my car and I had to get it to this garage immediately. So I said you mean back to the dealership. Oh no there's a garage in Holt, my friend said, they're asking you to take it there and leave it there for repair. Not b***** likely I said. Leave my car at the say-so of some stranger at the end of the phone which I never answer myself, at some strange garage in the middle of nowhere, no chance I said, I'll never see my car again. My friend was absolutely convinced that the authenticity of this phone call. He never got a car ride again for the simple reason of actually doing the physical act of answering my phone.

I did check by physically driving into the dealership on the way home and there had been no such phone call from them.

So I imagine with the words they had used, they must have been very persuasive to him.

It is how the scammers present their authenticity to us that enable us to be scammed. I have been taken in by things a couple of times in the past, but nowadays I do not trust anything. Disbelief is always my first thought nowadays.

I subscribe to a telephone service on my mobile phone, I pay yearly for them to transcribe all my answer messages, because,with being deaf (I still cannot hear a voice call with the cochlear implant, but some people can, usually those who had hearing before they went deaf), I have no way of telling what the answer message is saying. My assumption is that if something is important, and I do get telephone calls but I don't answer them, then somebody will leave an answer message. This way I will not miss anything important, but so far in the 3 years I have subscribed to this telephone service I have not had one transcribed answer message that was genuine.

Thank you. I am sorry you were scammed. It is not nice.

I hope my package comes safely today and then I can stop thinking about it!!!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it does @Annb

I haven't deleted the text message yet, but I will report it as a scam once I have safely received my package...

I carried on sleeping and I have only just woken up now just before midnight. When I am stressed I will sleep and sleep and this must have stressed me a lot. Midnight has been sleeping on top of me all this time so he just puts me to sleep!

Thank you...
Sleep ...natures secret medicine .

Bless midnight .

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
7.7 at 03:30.

Got going early to get food ready for the children's party at lunchtime. Just have to finish off the lemon drizzle cake. Drizzling is done and lemon cream ready to put on. Just need to wait for the drizzle to soak in a bit to finish it off. Loads to clean up after a day of intensive baking yesterday. Most of the kitchen is fine but the hob area needs a thorough clean up and the sink is piled high with bowls, pots and pans. Most has to be hand-washed because the mixer bowls are too big for the dishwasher and some of the pots are aluminium, which can't go into the dishwasher anyway.

The charity shop sent their van for our 3 piece suite plus a few other bits, so that's a bit of a clearance but still no word about our container. It's one step forward anyway.

Now for breakfast.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
According to my somewhat delusional new Libre sensor a fbg of 5.3 this morning I have decided to humourit and accept its delusion as reality as for sure in the infinity of parallel worlds there must be a world where that is true and that one world where that is true could just be this one.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.2 this am. Back Pain Clinic called yesterday. 6 monthly check up chat - glad they have my back (woops!). Plumber called in to fit a replacement ball valve just as The Girl In The Bubble turned up and ended up being questioned by the mini inquisitor every 30 seconds about what he was doing. Later, we played some phonics games and practiced letter formations by drawing over the dotty letters - you know the stuff. Only 10 minutes - children soon get bored and there were jigsaw puzzles that she simply had to sort out. Art bit - just wiping a large brush on a bit of paper and this turned up. Thank you brain for making something out of not a lot - lazy me! Hope your Saturday is a happy one. I simply must go and make some koffy.

1711178530522.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Children can be so funny sometimes, can't they? I remember the time when Em's brother (6 years older than she) was about 3 years old. A plumber was brought in to do the pipework for a new kitchen and young B was fascinated, asking what tools were for and what the plumber was doing. Perhaps foolishly the plumber told him he could ask any questions he wanted so young B asked, "why do giraffes have such long necks?"

Half of the dishwashing done, but there's still a sinkfull in fresh hot water waiting to be done.