What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from California!
Strange weather, cold a no d windy.
Tuesday morning 4.72 mmol/L 85 mg/dL.
Obviously party food gets my FBG high for a few days or so, this time (after parting on Sunday) the second day I am back on track with my expected range!
Because I have all my data and I know what can raise my BG. Have a nice day everyone!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of a late start here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.6 this am. Garden bin collection now costs £40 a year according to local council - no, it’s not a year, it’s from April to November. We received a large sticker to slap on our bin. I shall now moan and whine about “the cost of living crisis” and “what about us poor pensioners”. Oven cleaning today - it’s a Ninja air fryer oven so shouldn’t take long. Wonder if I could just take it outside and use the jet wash :arghh: :oldman: :nurse: :bigtears: :eek:? First though, some gloop to go onto the decking for an hour before hosing off. It’s all go. Art bit, still using up surplus ink daubed onto paper with a flat brush and then some Indian ink - the bits of paint just sort of appeared - no idea how these things will turn out. Looks like an earthquake. Anyhow, have a pleasant day - I have already had koffy.

1711446839736.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone from a bit of a late start here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.6 this am. Garden bin collection now costs £40 a year according to local council - no, it’s not a year, it’s from April to November. We received a large sticker to slap on our bin. I shall now moan and whine about “the cost of living crisis” and “what about us poor pensioners”. Oven cleaning today - it’s a Ninja air fryer oven so shouldn’t take long. Wonder if I could just take it outside and use the jet wash :arghh: :oldman: :nurse: :bigtears: :eek:? First though, some gloop to go onto the decking for an hour before hosing off. It’s all go. Art bit, still using up surplus ink daubed onto paper with a flat brush and then some Indian ink - the bits of paint just sort of appeared - no idea how these things will turn out. Looks like an earthquake. Anyhow, have a pleasant day - I have already had koffy.

View attachment 66910
Ouch! Glad I'm not living there!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning.

Day 2 of the Easter vacation. am really looking forward to daughter and family are coming up for Easter. We will nip into Tesco later to get our usual Yeo Valley milk and yoghurt.

Really pleased that I spoke to daughter this morning as I had forgotten that she doesn't like the thick Greek yoghurt so runny Greek style yoghurt is now on the list plus other things they all like that I don't think that Aldi stock.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from an almost but not quite spring like Little America. I obviously have an fbg that I don't know so can't share. That does make me wonder whether I should even be here which adds to my lenten attempt to ascertain what can conceivably make me worth my place on earth in this condition. I blame that Dr Who chap for crooning his version of sunshine on Leith. At least I think that is what wuff means.. @dunelm another busy day ahead for you but thankfully still time to share your art. @gennepher thank you for sharing the creative. @Annb hug for all the new or elevated assorted problems but the sleep and fbg numbers seem good. Quieter day here today. The property sale was completed and funds arrived followed by a customer satisfaction survey. Not sure if would you recommend us to a friend? Was optimistic or sarcastic. There was no space for how very droll nor are you being a ******** clownshoe? Enjoy Tuesday even if you're not called Ruby.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from an almost but not quite spring like Little America. I obviously have an fbg that I don't know so can't share. That does make me wonder whether I should even be here which adds to my lenten attempt to ascertain what can conceivably make me worth my place on earth in this condition. I blame that Dr Who chap for crooning sunshine on Leith. At least I think that is what wuff means.. @dunelm another busy day ahead for you but thankfully still time to share your art. @gennepher thank you for sharing the creative. @Annb hug for all the new or elevated assorted problems but the sleep and fbg numbers seem good. Quieter day here today. The property sale was completed and funds arrived followed by a customer satisfaction survey. Not sure if would you recommend us to a friend? Was optimistic or sarcastic. There was no space for how very droll nor are you being a ******** clownshoe? Enjoy Tuesday even if you're not called Ruby.
Thanks Ian...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 66910
I like this series @dunelm
Flat brush is very useful...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from an almost but not quite spring like Little America. I obviously have an fbg that I don't know so can't share. That does make me wonder whether I should even be here which adds to my lenten attempt to ascertain what can conceivably make me worth my place on earth in this condition. I blame that Dr Who chap for crooning his version of sunshine on Leith. At least I think that is what wuff means.. @dunelm another busy day ahead for you but thankfully still time to share your art. @gennepher thank you for sharing the creative. @Annb hug for all the new or elevated assorted problems but the sleep and fbg numbers seem good. Quieter day here today. The property sale was completed and funds arrived followed by a customer satisfaction survey. Not sure if would you recommend us to a friend? Was optimistic or sarcastic. There was no space for how very droll nor are you being a ******** clownshoe? Enjoy Tuesday even if you're not called Ruby.
Thanks @ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good that the property sale went through.
Of course you should be here @ianpspurs.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 6.8

Weather App promises drizzle all day.
Fingers crossed it doesn't.

Wildlife nighttime video
Fox & Badger & Cat
1 min 25 secs

Creative...similar subject as yesterday but in a different app, because I need to try out something for some writing I am doing...

A cuppa tea now, and a nap is needed because I was writing half the night...

Have your best kind of day...

View attachment 66909
Brilliant
Owl is warning cat, 'Don't you dare!'

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

View attachment 66910
Inner city clearance done by wimpy. (And the anachronism stands for...........)
My mum lived in one of them.
Watched the First Tall Shops Face from stop it. Amazing panoramic views.
Excellent.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.6 ruby.
Unbelievably busy today, no time for nowt. So a very short post.
Had two appointments, one for claim, one for housing, a phone call to pharmacy, and the best day this week and no chance to go into garden.
Mrs L has announced that we can afford to have a summer break in the med, when the footie season is over.
I said ok, I didn't want to burst the bubble. She seemed happy, that I agreed.
I asked later, and of course, didn't remember the chat.
Mrs L asked yesterday, if her sister had returned from a night out yet?
Forty odd years later, I informed Mrs L that her sister was a dirty stop-out.

Gotta chicken for dinner-tea, main meal, whatever!

My best wishes to you all as always.