What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

pensionistamike

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning and indeed most mornings it averages 8.8......Im 77 and had Diabetes type 2
for 37 years.....just been taken off Metformin and now on Repaglinida 2mg with meals (3 a a day)
which controls fine during the day. Diabetic Clinic seem quite happy with this situation.
I live in Spain now but my English Doctor told me when I was first diagnosed that as long as the readings
stayed under 10 then it was OK......Dont drink or smoke or take sugar with anything but I am also taking
medication for "lazy kidneys" and having monthly maintenance chemo for Bladder Cancer.
As long as the Doctor and the Nurse are happy with things at the moment ...so am I.
Keep Smiling....there's a lot worse off than me.
Pensionista.

Reactions: 6 people

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to do what I would like to be able to do
Good morning. 6.1 today
Hi like you I have anaemia,I have iron infusions via iv and blood transfusion when needed. Last one was a couple of months ago when my hemoglobin was 4.6!!!! Vitamin d insufficiency too, but I now take a supplement to counter act this.....no joke falling asleep all the time...Lol....hope you get treatment for them both soon......

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 am
may have reported this else where and then the world changed when I was at work, so happy to settle here abouts.

Reactions: 8 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmmmm a bit of family drama so we had fish and chips for dinner at midnight. Never again!

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 am, which is okay in my world,

slept not well, was cold in the night, which as it's August in the N Hemi.....

Reactions: 9 people