What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
consider but I am also really stressed at present so that may be another reasons for the high bloods
Stress can definitely add a couple, or even a few, points.
This is my libre graph from a day where I had a low carb egg breakfast then nothing else until the evening. All I had was a stressful situation, that eased a little, then got even nore stressful, even scary. Guess when?
No food involved at all

Attachments

• 2131951938_copy_270x492.png
    2131951938_copy_270x492.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 33

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stress can definitely add a couple, or even a few, points.
This is my libre graph from a day where I had a low carb egg breakfast then nothing else until the evening. All I had was a stressful situation, that eased a little, then got even nore stressful, even scary. Guess when?
No food involved at all
Thank you for your informative graph. Bloods had come down to 5.3 before supper but they're still a little higher than normal for this time of day, however, they're a lot better than what I have been seeing . I'm just going to monitor what I am eating and hope for the best over time. :)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all my contour start to the day is 6.4. I’ve been doing this finger pricking thing with the occasional libre monitor for the last 6 or more years. I’ve filled up books with the numbers and every scrap of food I’ve eaten. Just over a month ago I started using mySugr app. It reckons I’ll get an A1c of 5.6. - If this is true it will be most welcome

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning fellow Carb dodgers.
Off to Royal Stoke Hospital today for follow up appointment in Cardiothoracic Dept.
BG 11.5mmol and another restless night.
Hope to have a more regular sleep pattern once I've seen the back of the many recent appointments that I'm slowly getting through.
Joy and happiness wished for everyone.
Why not eh? .....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All today a dastardly 8.0 repeat 8.1 stayed within my carb allowance yesterday so who knows whats going on but I need to change something. Could it be a nightmare that woke me up abruptly, grasping at straws here. @Ashybang hope the appointment goes well and is reassuring. Hugs to all who need them and get better soon wishes.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Working hard to reduce what I am eating and I hope I am starting to see some improvement to FBG. Fasting level was 5.8 this morning. Better than yesterday which was better than the day before. Such a relief to the numbers I have been seeing. I will continue to work on it so that my bloods will become less volatile during the day as well. I'm a happy bod today :)

Last edited: