What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Bigbumcooper

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Mine was 8.2, fallen off the wagon!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 8.2, fallen off the wagon!
Morning @Bigbumcooper and welcome to this FBG thread. We're pleased you could join us.

Your profile doesn't tell us the type of diabetes you've developed and whether treated with medication or diet alone. Might be helpful to know, if you would like advice from members.

May Mic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 . I'll be interested to see if it rises when I check my before breakfast reading. I've never paid attention to that.

edited to add: I waited about 90 minutes before breakfast, it rose to 7.1.... hmmm.

I'll
try tomorrow, but have a small bite to see what happens.

Last edited:

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Late today
libre 5.5
Contour 5.5
They now think I have pertussis aka whooping cough, steroid inhaler is keeping blood glucose in double figure for most of the day & doesn’t seem to be improving the cough, been to circuits & burn out spin (90 minutes), housework done, time for feet up
Have a lovely weekend if you can & hugs to all in need
Oh Debbie, I hope you feel better soon xxx I did wonder if it was whooping cough, there are so many people with it. Thumbs up for keeping the work outs going, you deserve a medal for your persistence and resilience.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 . I'll be interested to see if it rises when I check my before breakfast reading. I've never paid attention to that.

edited to add: I waited about 90 minutes before breakfast, it rose to 7.1.... hmmm.

I'll
try tomorrow, but have a small bite to see what happens.
Evening @May Mic.

Most of us on this FBG thread (and the parallel thread for type 2s) test as soon as we wake up. BG readings rise once we start to move around. That's normal and to be expected.

Last edited: