What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bit to low

I know...not good eh. It was a strange one...I went hypo in the night...woke up and treated with a couple of jelly babies and was sitting comfortably at 4.2 when I went back to bed. When I checked in the morning it was 3.1...? Bit confused by this one to be honest...doesn't seem to be any real reason for it...since going LC I've not had a low like this in weeks now so came as a bit of a surprise.

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Heavens, how are you still standing up?
Mine was 15.5! My diabetes nurse will kill me

Which is why I checked on 2 different machines as I didn't feel 2.7 - I felt normal.... weird - I feel the 4's and 3's

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Which is why I checked on 2 different machines as I didn't feel 2.7 - I felt normal.... weird - I feel the 4's and 3's

I had this too this morning...felt completely normal on 3.1...only checked as part of my morning routine...quite lucky I did

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you on medication. Could that be why it's low?

No medication...although as I said in an earlier post...I went a little hypo in the night...treated it and went back to sleep on a comfortable 4.2. There was no change to insulin dose or anything like that. The only potential possibility I can narrow it down to is (dare I say it...sorry guys)...'girl stuff' but it's never had that effect before.

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today, had a couple of higher ones but the 5 day average is 6.6 so not too bad.

Reactions: 2 people