What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Lady K, no driving for you this side of 5mmols for you this morning ma'am. We need you fighting fit and filled with your usual sense of fun, fun fun. I hope you don't get the mid morning wobble that sometimes follows a low blood sugar event. Take good care of you and you :)
Luckily only live 2 min walk from work so no driving cant understand why went so low but hey ho muddle through anyway off till tuesday after today so happy days bring on the weekend

Rixs

I wish mine were lower, i have never had a morning reading of less than 9. i have just started (2weeks) on metformin 500mg just increased to 1000mg and I am persevering despite upset stomach, headaches, stomach cramps and now lower back pain. My big levels were all over the place from 10 down to 6, now with the tabs it is stable but at 8, from first thing in the morning to late at night always tested 2 hours after eating,. I’m thinking I should double the metformin

Reactions: Prem51 and Mbaker

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
DL..good to see you here too...TBH honest I have no desire to think about the 'other place'...possibly a bit 'forumed out' at the moment...we shall see...will have to take a rain check on the alcohol/fooling round...at my age have to take life at a steadier pace...so yes...that is a no for now (very Father Ted);).

Hello bubbsie, nice to see you here!!
Didn't know you posted on here, thats great!

I am 5.4 today. Bit late cos I had to take grandchild for hospital appt. He invented a whole new set of problems just for himself, so gets quite a bit of nhs attention. I must say they have been exceptional with his care.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My BG was 7.3 and I am very happy with that. My endocrinologist changed my dosages yesterday. My lantus has been reduced from 20 units to 18, and my metformin has been doubled to four tablets twice daily. So it was nice see this mornings reading was pretty stable still, and didn't go up to much.

I love my endocrinologist, she is the nicest doctor, and she was very happy with my progress. The main thing I learned is all the tests came back negative for type 1, and I'm actually type 2. It wasn't really certain what I was last month when I left the hospital, so I just sat tight and waited for the results of the tests, and now I know.

I hope everyone has a great day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello bubbsie, nice to see you here!!
Didn't know you posted on here, thats great!

I am 5.4 today. Bit late cos I had to take grandchild for hospital appt. He invented a whole new set of problems just for himself, so gets quite a bit of nhs attention. I must say they have been exceptional with his care.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Hi Kentoldlady...been a member for over a year...rarely posted here...as you know I've been busy elsewhere...not sure if I am suited to forum life...giving it a try.

Reactions: Prem51 and geefull

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My BG was 7.3 and I am very happy with that. My endocrinologist changed my dosages yesterday. My lantus has been reduced from 20 units to 18, and my metformin has been doubled to four tablets twice daily. So it was nice see this mornings reading was pretty stable still, and didn't go up to much.

I love my endocrinologist, she is the nicest doctor, and she was very happy with my progress. The main thing I learned is all the tests came back negative for type 1, and I'm actually type 2. It wasn't really certain what I was last month when I left the hospital, so I just sat tight and waited for the results of the tests, and now I know.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Thats great news lxarix

Reactions: ziggy_w and Ixarix
D

Diabeticliberty

Hi Kentoldlady...been a member for over a year...rarely posted here...as you know I've been busy elsewhere...not sure if I am suited to forum life...giving it a try.

Of course you are suited to forum life. You have moved a million miles and have loads to offer by way of advice. If you are not suited to forum life then I don't know who is

D

Diabeticliberty

Hallo und guten Morgen und wahey wahey und wieder wahey. Ich glaube, es ist das Wochenende, und ich bin hämisch genug, um aus den Nähten zu platzen. Using the power of my psychic butter I just made some toast and as the crumbs fell onto the plate as the psychic butter was spread they made the number 3.8. My blood sugars are 3.8mmols. I do believe it's the weekend woohoo woohoo woohoohoohoohoowooohoohoohoo

Last edited by a moderator:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9c6c6711792bd6196d0bffb0a948c009.jpg

Had a business meeting in Limassol yesterday. Unlike my home town of Nicosia, which is in the centre of the island and landlocked, Limassol is a coastal town so at lunchtime I had a chance to walk on the beach. Still people around swimming in the sea even at the end of October.

232ea52352ffa054c9a319f961f75f54.jpg

Limassol is also the islands main port hence the number of boats visible in the distance.

Being coastal it has a milder climate than Nicosia; not so hot in the summer and not so cold in the winter. This allows a bigger variety of plants to grow there like this tropical Bleeding Heart Vine I came across yestetday.

49dcf960cfa96ed6ad82ac0d7a7ee635.jpg

0bf8ea48e10b1fec9647a797ea0edda2.jpg

Sugars today at 6,3 mmol.

Have a great day. It'd Friday!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...wide away at 03:40...decided not to post that early...not keen on entering an 'empty room' first...didn't actually get to bed...it was freezing last night...lit the open fire...sat down for just five minutes in our big 'phat' comfy chair at 22:30...just five minutes mind...woke up at 03:45 to a 5.7 and a face that looked like a well creased duvet cover...coffee it is then...who's making it?

D

Diabeticliberty

4.3 for me today still too low for me arrgtea and biscuits it is then no work today yay anyway have a great weekend everyone anyone doing anything nice

No work today? Get you, you big show off. I have some meetings today with a large client at 2 of their different sites. One in Port Sunlight and one in Warrington. This evening it's doggie stuff and trying to get my head around a Claude Debussy piano piece from last night's lesson. It is an absolutely nightmare to play. Tomorrow probably drinking and dancing as wildly as my tired old bones will allow me to in Liverpool in den of sin and iniquity. Have a great weekend Lady K.

D

Diabeticliberty

13.1 today. Knew it was a bad one before i even whacked in the test strip. Just a totally bad day at work plus a bit of comfort eating last night. Ah well just dust yourself off, pick yourself up and start all over again. Its so bloody familiar

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all that silly shi....... Get back on the horse and keep on riding the diabetic range. You know exactly what you are doing. Your results are always pretty damned decent and I know you really graft to get them. Don't let this condition get you down man. You are better than it

D

Diabeticliberty

9c6c6711792bd6196d0bffb0a948c009.jpg

Had a business meeting in Limassol yesterday. Unlike my home town of Nicosia, which is in the centre of the island and landlocked, Limassol is a coastal town so at lunchtime I had a chance to walk on the beach. Still people around swimming in the sea even at the end of October.

232ea52352ffa054c9a319f961f75f54.jpg

Limassol is also the islands main port hence the number of boats visible in the distance.

Being coastal it has a milder climate than Nicosia; not so hot in the summer and not so cold in the winter. This allows a bigger variety of plants to grow there like this tropical Bleeding Heart Vine I came across yestetday.

49dcf960cfa96ed6ad82ac0d7a7ee635.jpg

0bf8ea48e10b1fec9647a797ea0edda2.jpg

Sugars today at 6,3 mmol.

Have a great day. It'd Friday!

Hey Pav it looks wondrous. We have something similar in a place called Birkenhead. It has everything a man could want. Chemical works, drug addicts and loads of interesting graffiti. Hope you have a bobby dazzling weekend my good man

D

Diabeticliberty

Morning...wide away at 03:40...decided not to post that early...not keen on entering an 'empty room' first...didn't actually get to bed...it was freezing last night...lit the open fire...sat down for just five minutes in our big 'phat' comfy chair at 22:30...just five minutes mind...woke up at 03:45 to a 5.7 and a face that looked like a well creased duvet cover...coffee it is then...who's making it?

A face like a well creased duvet cover? There is absolutely nothing I can add at this early hour to your pearls of written wisdom. Great to see you here though. P rang me earlier. It has happened. She is absolutely inconsolable

Reactions: Ixarix