What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mini Dachs Mum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 this morning.
Very stressful sleep. Was trying to remember where the keys to my suitcase padlocks were. Got up look where they wereand ended up with hair dye everywhere.. Mini dachs Millie had grabbed it a few days earlier and I put on shelf not realising her teeth had chewed through. And still haven’t found keys.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.4 - After a lax carb and fruit Saturday, I was thinking maybe an 8.0. So, a 6.4 is a big relief. Have a relaxing Sunday, and England won against the odds, a man down and then George Ford’s drop goals! Three before the half? Phhhoargh…..

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG this morning somewhere between 5.7 and 7.8….

First take was 7.8 on left hand, which surprised me because I wasn’t expecting such a high - skipped lunch yesterday & carbs were low. And just washed my hands with liquid soap so wondered if reading was corrupted. So I did it again, other hand. I’d settle for the mean at around 6.5.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
7.5 again!! But in the 5s during the day. The heat and terrible sleep, lack of sleep and not been able to function! At least its raining and seems cooler a bit today.

Teasel Too

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time posting in this thread. Got a free sample of free libre 2 and it's fantastic being able to learn what affecta my blood sugar and when.

Had it nearly 3 days, I noticed my blood sugar goes up every morning for a long while despite not having breakfast till noon.

When I woke it was 9.2, quickly went up to 10.1, and continued rising, has only just gone back down to under 10.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First time posting in this thread. Got a free sample of free libre 2 and it's fantastic being able to learn what affecta my blood sugar and when.

Had it nearly 3 days, I noticed my blood sugar goes up every morning for a long while despite not having breakfast till noon.

When I woke it was 9.2, quickly went up to 10.1, and continued rising, has only just gone back down to under 10.
Welcome @Teasel Too

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hello and welcome to the thread. We're pleased you could join us.

This morning's FBG isn't great and, if this happens frequently, I would make an appointment to see your GP. S/he may request an HbA1c test and adjust your current medication.

Meanwhile, how are your readings immediately before and two hours after meals? Are you doing everything you can to keep carb intake low?

Teasel Too

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
would make an appointment to see your GP. S/he may request an HbA1c test and adjust your current medication.
Thanks, GP is aware of hba1c which was done again recently. He doesn't want to up meds yet, I shall try to get it down. Blood sugar I mean. Hence me getting a free sample of the freestyle libre. Only just got it but it is really helping me see what different foods and exercises do to bg level.

Work in progress.