What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 7.2 but I was out for lunch for Thai tapas (?) and though careful never quite sure. Then I ate supper as usual. Hugs for throat infection @Estragon but holding firm on the FBG. Welcome @NeeNee87 the important thing is you are tackling it, are you eating low carb too? As already said FBG can be tricky to control. Hugs also to @callyandy and @MissMuffett I am with you.
Hope you are all safe from Babet do take care.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Egg singular? I do at least 3 eggs and add a large knob of butter and a splash of cream! Mmm I think I’ll have that for lunch, you’ve got me hankering after scrambled eggs now! :D
Likewise on a Sunday morning. Usually add sautéed chestnut mushrooms and a vine tomato for good measure.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Likewise on a Sunday morning. Usually add sautéed chestnut mushrooms and a vine tomato for good measure.
Love scramblies for brunch on a Sunday - 2 eggs, large knob of butter, splash of milk or cream (whichever hits my hand first), slow cooked on my super Aga with some bacon rashers on the side. Yum! That’s what my morning treat was today, post swim. Set up for the day now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 here on possibly the last dry or sunny day of October hereabouts. Interesting reading of all the love for scrambled egg. I like it but in terms of satiating it is hopeless (that's a theme for me and LC/Keto ) - even with cream, cheese and up to 6 eggs. I'm fairly dainty - 6 foot tall and around 72.5-.7 kgs so just how dainty are your appetites? Enjoy your day.

Last edited:

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning finger prick was FBG 6.3, with the Libre doing a foot on the floor number at 7.2.

Because the Libre is now doing a continuous read out, I‘m getting much more detail on the fluctuations - for example, I went down a lot overnight with a dip down to 3.5 at 3am, before my system corrected itself upwards. And this morning’s modest swim shot my BG up to 10.3, all on an empty stomach. Apart from that and Dawn Phenomenon, the BG line seems remarkably stable, almost flatlining through low carb meals. I think this is a massive improvement on how it was earlier this year, when frankly it was all over the shop. It gives me some hope that maybe, just maybe, this diabetes thing isn’t getting any worse.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 here on possibly the last dry or sunny day of October hereabouts. Interesting reading of all the love for scrambled egg. I like it but in terms of satiating it is hopeless (that's a theme for me and LC/Keto ) - even with cream, cheese and up to 6 eggs. I'm fairly dainty - 6 foot tall and around 72.5-7 kgs so just how dainty are you gels? Enjoy your day.
I’m average height. My children overtook me when they were in their teens. My son is 6’5 and daughter 5’11. My husband was 6’4 so I suppose I’m the squirt of the family :D I need to lose around 3st :arghh:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m average height. My children overtook me when they were in their teens. My son is 6’5 and daughter 5’11. My husband was 6’4 so I suppose I’m the squirt of the family :D I need to lose around 3st :arghh:
You're fine as you are @MissMuffett. On reflection I have edited my post since the point is more about appetite.
so just how dainty are your appetites?