What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine rise till I eat !
Mine as well.

Most of us test as soon as we get out of bed; not because it's the 'correct' fasting level, but because it eliminates those variables not under our control and provides a useful benchmark for day to day comparison. BG readings change once we start to move around, taking a shower, feeding pets etc. and that needs to be taken into account if always testing later.

Why make your records more complicated? Testing as soon you get out of bed means conditions pre-test are as close to identical as possible.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 7.6 this morning after a very tiring but enjoyable weekend. Forgot to take my monitor so have only todays reading. Have a good week folks. @MissMuffett, I also Googled Metformin and have stopped taking it. They are going to test me for Vitamin B12 deficiency (when they get round to it!).
If I stop taking it my BG steadily goes up! Ive been taking a B vitamin supplement so hoping that’s made a difference. If not I’ll have a chat with my GP

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning!
5.8 on this manky day. Off for covid jab - have to go 10 miles to next town as our health centre is not participating this year. I had no problem with the flu jab so here's hoping...
Have a great day
I found out my local chemist are doing walk in session for flu and covid jabs. It saved me going 15 miles to the suggested centre!