What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dotty-p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning!
5.5 today - bit of a surprise as the bean stew I made definitely spiked the BG! (based on foul moudammas from OTK - was really nice which is why I ate way too much of it!). Outside, it's trying to decided whether to rain or not.

Wow @Ashybang great result!

Have a good day everyone

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I always find that a walk - even just a short walk around the block really helps. I always try and do that after a meal and especially if I have eaten carbs - it is getting much more difficult to motivate myself though now the weather has changed and the clocks having gone back will make it even less appealing!
I know that feeling ..new month starts tomorrow and I intend to get back on track . :rolleyes:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. bedtime 11.2!!! This morning 8.4 and I have no idea why. I didn't eat after 5.30, I exercised (doing seated exercises) so what I did wrong beats me. Oh well, I'll keep carrying on. Have as good a day as u can folks :(
It's annoying when that happens and has we all learn this diabetes malarkey is very frustrating.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6.8 this morning when I surfaced :angelic: Had a bit of a lie in and woke at 8:30am with my watch blaring at me. Guessing it would have been lower if I had not been so lazy today! Anyhow, work out done so I can cross that off todays list!

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. bedtime 11.2!!! This morning 8.4 and I have no idea why. I didn't eat after 5.30, I exercised (doing seated exercises) so what I did wrong beats me. Oh well, I'll keep carrying on. Have as good a day as u can folks :(
You may not be doing anything wrong at all, this is such a variable condition we've got and it seems to set its own rules. I find that although exercise is generally a good thing, with me it has the opposite effect to that intended - my BG goes up instead of down. I suspect its to do with the intensity of the exercise, but I haven't quite fathomed out how to dial it down. A gentle stroll is OK and sends BG down, but a brisk walk or a 30 minute swim will send it up as high as 3 course dinner. Keep on carrying on, its the only thing to do!

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A disappointing FBG 6.4 on the finger prick, somewhere between 5.9 and 7,1 on the Libre - since I left the phone in the car, its not been continuously reading and I have to scan every time I want a number.

Busy hunkering down in preparation for Storm Ciaran, Force 12 winds are forecast in my neck of the woods. Everyone has already hit the supermarkets because of supply disruptions and the shelves are empty its worse than Covid. Stay safe folks.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
There is no logic with diabetes at the best of times!

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning, 6.9 yesterday…sigh
went for more bloodwork this morning…it involved waiting in a line outside in minus 7 degrees and then inside for another 40 min…but it’s done. Looking forward to the c peptide result to see if it’s changed from a year ago. Doc also ordered another A1C (no idea why, just had one two weeks ago) and a pile of other tests…she’s obsessed with my high cholesterol (ldl only, my HDL and triglycerides are perfect) and is pushing for statins which I will not take. Oh well. I do fall into the lean mass hyper responder category (from cholesterol code) so my ldl will always be high. It’s all such a mystery. I exercise every single day (weights, walking and yoga) and weigh just 115 pounds at 5’7”.
our trip to Vancouver island is looking grim….snow in the forecast and the mountain passes are horrendous. I want to cancel, hubby wants to go. I just hope the forecast is wrong.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Methinks it was your pensioners' lunch wot dun it.
You may be pleasantly surprised tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning, 6.9 yesterday…sigh
went for more bloodwork this morning…it involved waiting in a line outside in minus 7 degrees and then inside for another 40 min…but it’s done. Looking forward to the c peptide result to see if it’s changed from a year ago. Doc also ordered another A1C (no idea why, just had one two weeks ago) and a pile of other tests…she’s obsessed with my high cholesterol (ldl only, my HDL and triglycerides are perfect) and is pushing for statins which I will not take. Oh well. I do fall into the lean mass hyper responder category (from cholesterol code) so my ldl will always be high. It’s all such a mystery. I exercise every single day (weights, walking and yoga) and weigh just 115 pounds at 5’7”.
our trip to Vancouver island is looking grim….snow in the forecast and the mountain passes are horrendous. I want to cancel, hubby wants to go. I just hope the forecast is wrong.

My total cholesterol and LDL calculated are very high, rest are all normal in the Lipid panel. My PCP recommended 5 mg statin.
I refused to take statin and decided to go on a diet. I am very hopeful to bring it down. Knock on wood!
Omar

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all.....

Last night's spong cake and custard has obliterated my run of readings in 8's and 7.
This morning, I awoke to an unlucky 13.

I'm realising, that I must keep bang on top of eating habits and have minimal sugar and Carbs, or I pay the consequences........

Hope you all have a Blessed day today

bolingbroke

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
mine was 5.6 this morning which is about normal, been back on the wagon for the last month as i had gotten into bad habits and having pain in my right ankle with burning sensation so bad i could not sleep instigated a swift return to managing my food intake properly, luckily the change of diet worked and within 3 days foot was ok and readings in the last month have normalised with after dinner readings of around <7 and fasting readings of around 5 to 5.6

Last edited: