What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning, 6.9 yesterday…sigh
went for more bloodwork this morning…it involved waiting in a line outside in minus 7 degrees and then inside for another 40 min…but it’s done. Looking forward to the c peptide result to see if it’s changed from a year ago. Doc also ordered another A1C (no idea why, just had one two weeks ago) and a pile of other tests…she’s obsessed with my high cholesterol (ldl only, my HDL and triglycerides are perfect) and is pushing for statins which I will not take. Oh well. I do fall into the lean mass hyper responder category (from cholesterol code) so my ldl will always be high. It’s all such a mystery. I exercise every single day (weights, walking and yoga) and weigh just 115 pounds at 5’7”.
our trip to Vancouver island is looking grim….snow in the forecast and the mountain passes are horrendous. I want to cancel, hubby wants to go. I just hope the forecast is wrong.
Same, lean mass hyper responder, exercise 6 days a week, weights, swim, yoga, run, cycle
5ft 4, 105 pounds, high ldl, low HDL & trigs, I keep refusing statins
I’ve started making chia seed pudding for breakfast most days & have started having a Benecol every day, also making homemade dressing for salads, won’t know until next blood test if it’s making a difference

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
mine was 5.6 this morning which is about normal, been back on the wagon for the last month as i had gotten into bad habits and having pain in my right ankle with burning sensation so bad i could not sleep instigated a swift return to managing my food intake properly, luckily the change of diet worked and within 3 days foot was ok and readings in the last month have normalised with after dinner readings of around 7 and fasting readings of around 5 to 5.6
Hello and welcome to the forum. We're pleased you could join us.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6mmols at 7:30. I was expecting higher as I finished off the left over chocolate from Halloween Trick or Treat :rolleyes: I just can’t have things like this in the house as I have no self control :(

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone x

Last edited:

dotty-p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning!
5.7 today. Stay safe all those being affected by Storm Ciaran (we are just on the edge of it thankfully).

Keeping to the diet is one of the hardest but the best thing you can do. I never thought I would have the self control to do it but I have found out that I have- obviously just stubborn! The worse thing is the repercussions and self loathing when you stray, which I do often. And then diabetes seems to throw grenades into the mix just for fun.

We are all doing great.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
7.7 this morning, it would have been lower but I only had about 2.5 hours of sleep! Impending doom of storm Ciaran, so I started cutting out sewing patterns at a ridiculous time thinking it would stabilize my anxiety - how wrong was I. Probably will not hit where we are but doesn't stop the "fight or flight" mode :banghead:

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.0 on the nose (really on the finger) and 5.9 on the LIbre. I can live with either.

It never ceases to amaze me what some innocuous looking foods do to my blood glucose levels - Libre showed yesterday a huge spike from a tin of Baxters Minestrone soup that I had for lunch, almost as high as chips, but not as long lasting. And yet the rump steak and butternut squash I had for a substantial dinner barely registered an upward curve. Baxter's soups are a store cupboard favourite, so maybe I need to review the carb content of the varieties - I know minestrone has pasta in it and should be around 22g of carbs, and normally that would be fine for lunch. Whilst the Libre is still ongoing I'm going to field test lamb hot pot, as that's a winter favourite of mine.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Same, lean mass hyper responder, exercise 6 days a week, weights, swim, yoga, run, cycle
5ft 4, 105 pounds, high ldl, low HDL & trigs, I keep refusing statins
I’ve started making chia seed pudding for breakfast most days & have started having a Benecol every day, also making homemade dressing for salads, won’t know until next blood test if it’s making a difference
Lean mass hyper responder - I've not heard this term before. My doctor is also obsessed with the LDL ratios, and is strident about recommending statins - I'm still not quite convinced and I don't like taking them (which means I quite often 'forget'). At my last review I was told my ratios were 'perfect', no details given so I'm in the dark as to what I'm aiming for or achieving. I also wonder whether if I do manage to get the diabetes under control, the LDL etc levels will settle themselves down anyway. I have tried the benecol and dietary supplements route but any difference in the absence of statins was marginal.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At my last review I was told my ratios were 'perfect', no details given so I'm in the dark as to what I'm aiming for or achieving.
If your lipid panel results are not available online, I'd give your GP practice a bell. A receptionist should be able to read the results to you over the phone.