What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All so 7.3 this morning but it was (chunky) Fish Finger night which I refuse to give up! @Vince01 many of us are very affected by Dawn Phenominum and D isn’t ALL about what or when we eat. As others have said I find the friendship and the support of this community really helps. Happy Saturday everyone, another soggy day, take care.

dotty-p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning!
5.2 today and raining again! Still will light the woodburner and huddle down with my knitting.

I like the information, friendship and support I get from here. Everyone is different - we all find different ways to manage. To get to the point I am currently at it has been changing my diet and weightloss and keeping a record like this thread has helped to motivate.

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sure, what was the trigger that got the Doctors to give you oral meds? Have a look at my signature, it's gonna take time.
It was a hospital visit where they did blood tests and told me I was diabetic. They put me on meds straight away.
My readings were and still are fluctuating wildly.
If I eat high carbs, my Blood Glucose goes straight to low to mid 20's mmol.
Throughout the day, I'm usually around 12mmol to 18mmol more often than not and that is with medication.

I do apologise, but I don't know what your signature is........

I am trying to keep to low sugar and low Carb and readings do dip to 7 or 8 mmol occasionally. I suppose I must be more strict with diet, or I won't improve readings.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I do apologise, but I don't know what your signature is........
Sorry too… Look at the bottom of any of my posts and you can click on “Toggle Signature”

If I eat high carbs, my Blood Glucose goes straight to low to mid 20's mmol.
Yup, I can recognise your experience too. Me, it’s Bananas, Spawn of the Devil. However now I’m hovering around 5, 6, and 7s.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry too… Look at the bottom of any of my posts and you can click on “Toggle Signature”

Yup, I can recognise your experience too. Me, it’s Bananas, Spawn of the Devil. However now I’m hovering around 5, 6, and 7s.
Bread is my nemesis or should I say my main downfall .

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
10.7 this morning. Was hoping it would be lower.
I don't know the science behind everything yet, but will pick it up as I go along.
Had very poor sleep and wonder if this lack of sleep can cause an increase in the Blood Sugar readings?
A bad nights sleep can cause it so can other factors like stress, being poorly etc there are lots of reasons. When I fell down the stairs and looked like I had done 10 rounds with Tyson, my levels were in the 8s upwards. Took ages to stabilise x

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today FBG was 5.5, yesterday 6.3. Libre & I have parted company, it was amicable and we may get together again soon…an informative experience.

I can only speak for myself, but I find doing a finger prick test every morning and following this thread very helpful. It keeps me accountable and a provides supportive environment with others who are experiencing similar issues to myself. I can learn from other people’s experiences and D is such a complex condition that every insight is worth considering. I only now normally do a FP test in the morning, it’s my way of monitoring in between reviews at the doctors. I’m better informed and educated, not worried or made anxious by the daily results. Thanks , morning chat tribe!

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I'm not usually this blind.
I cannot see any place on any of your posts where I can click on
"Toggle Signature"
Screenshot_20231104_145738_com.android.chrome.jpg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.7 this morning. Was hoping it would be lower.
I don't know the science behind everything yet, but will pick it up as I go along.
Had very poor sleep and wonder if this lack of sleep can cause an increase in the Blood Sugar readings?
Poor sleep can certainly contribute to raised FBG levels, but doesn't normally cause wild fluctuations.

Do you find it hard to fall asleep when you first turn in for the night? I used to lie awake in bed until I adopted the same, non-negotiable bedtime every night. Keeping to a nightly routine is the single factor which has helped me the most to get a good night's shut-eye.

If waking during the night, for no obvious reason, is the chief problem, this may be closely connected with your diabetes and changes in BG levels. It sounds like a catch-22 situation, but if you can bring your BG levels down by reducing your carb intake, you may well suffer fewer sleep disturbances.