What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.0 this morning early doors, was 5.5 yesterday.

Lowest numbers ever but still erratic - have been away for hiking weekend and one morning was 7.0, the next 5.3. Mind you, the combo of 6 mile hikes plus Wagamama & croissants is bound to have an effect

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 7.9mmol BG at 7.45am.
Happy seeing the reading below 8, even if it only just made it.
Glad I left the bag of crisps in the cupboard.
Best thoughts to everybody & hope your readings give you positivity.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning - 8.1 this morning, no alcohol yesterday and a healthy low carb day along with good amount of exercise ... maybe I should revert back to the red wine ;) haha
Hi @gogobroom
Sounds as though you lined up your ducks yesterday. Well done!

The question is, can you keep this up? If so, your FBG levels first thing in the morning should gradually fall, but those readings are often the last to come down.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oi,oi Saveloy how you 'doin assorted stabbers, swipers and readers of runes/tea leaves? New Libre fitted and working so fbg was 4 on waking, rose during ablutions and dressing - hit 6.4 at one stage as showers and Libre are a marriage made in hell. 5.6 after going downstairs, feeding dogs, attending to dishwasher then 5.5 by 8.00. Basically sensor is working. As for bg It'll just have to do @Omar51 enjoy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm in the midst of 12.5K of your military and their families. Anyone for turkey?

Last edited: