What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OTOH, the decision to have your last meal of the day no later than 18.30 and avoid snacking afterwards, is a strategy that definitely works for some of us..
Have to say, I'm noticing the later I eat my last meal of the day, the higher my BG readings are the following morning and it seems to take longer for BG readings to fall too.
I awoke at 5am to 13.7mmol BG after a late evening meal and its taken a further 6 hours, from 5am. for readings to reduce to current 8.9mmol at 11.20am.
That is with forfeiting breakfast and drinking unsweetened orange squash.
Still learning the ropes here, but I will take note and eventually change my ways.....

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When you say unsweetened orange squash @Ashybang has it got artificial sweetener in it? Have you tested your BG after drinking the orange squash? Certain sweeteners spike my BG but I don’t know what brand you’re drinking. Just a thought.
Aggghhhg I hope its not spiking me, as I've been drinking gallons of the stuff.
I'm out at the moment, but will look later.
I haven't noticed adverse effects from drinking the squash previously, but will keep a close eye on it now. Ty for keeping me informed.

Charlotte73

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
DIABETES, I should be kicking it’s **** but it’s got a hold on me and can’t get out.
15.7… 4 weeks of taking long acting insulin, it’s come down slightly from roughly 16+ in the mornings. I’m averaging 18 to 20 and up, it’s going to take years to get it to 6-7 at this rate. I’m taking 45 units daily and upping it 2 units every 3 days. No diabetic nurse for 4weeks, spoke to her 3 weeks ago. I’m seriously thinking of stopping this!!!

Tangent66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Good afternoon

Only just seen this my fasting sugar this morning was 8.4 that's the lowest its Bern in weeks. This is going to be fluctuating a bit as I've gone off my Farxiga for couple weeks as we (Dr & I) try to see if it will stop me peeing every 40 mins. If it does then med change is on the cards!

I'm worried on how much sugar is likely to shift but I'm being super strict with food so fingers crossed

It will be nice to kinda have a support team behind me. Great idea thanks for setting up the thread.

Tangent66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
15.7… 4 weeks of taking long acting insulin, it’s come down slightly from roughly 16+ in the mornings. I’m averaging 18 to 20 and up, it’s going to take years to get it to 6-7 at this rate. I’m taking 45 units daily and upping it 2 units every 3 days. No diabetic nurse for 4weeks, spoke to her 3 weeks ago. I’m seriously thinking of stopping this!!!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I'm trying to sort myself out but feeling pretty negative about it tbh ‍
@Aphrodite13 - Be as honest as you want. This whole T2 can be a monster. I’ve had huge numbers that seemed unsurmountable, but with much experimentation of foodstuffs, realising I can’t do this thing overnight which in itself I had to realise, and the help and support right here on this friendly forum, you’ll get results.

Glad to have you in the Community! Keep posting - please. ;)

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
lots of chatter about Berberine. The above link is very interesting and if you focus on table two, the results are significant. Berberine has been extensively studied but doesn’t get much attention becasue no drug companies can make money from it. The control group received standard medication for diabetes while the test group took Berberine. Amazing affect on cholesterol and triglycerides. I spoke with my doctor and she fully supports me taking it…..the first two times it made me feel awful, but third times a charm, just finished week one. The study I noted involved people with metabolic syndrome, which I don’t have, so I may not see results. Best results are seen after a month.
this morning was 6.5, pretty standard for me.
no results yet….

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was 9.6 on waking at 4.20am.
Had coffee and poached egg on 1 piece toast. Was still tired so went back to bed.
Slept until 6.40 am and tested at 14.7.
Just one piece of toast and my Blood Glucose level spikes. Bread is a killer for me. . . . . .
Still ill take the 9.6mmol BG on waking as my number.
You know it makes sense.
A few new folk on here today and I wish you all a warm welcome.
Stick with this group and post any issues you have, is my advice.
There are folk on here, with vast knowledge and experience, who are happy to assist with helpful advice and tips to help you stay on track and safe.