What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sixes for Saturday 6.4 at 7:30. It could have been a lot worse and it’s my own fault. My neighbour came round yesterday and I had 2 frangipani mince pies (I’ve said in an earlier post, mince pies are my downfall!) Anyway I had really bad indigestion at 1am and spent 2 hours sitting in a chair sipping hot water. Serves me right :rolleyes:

Hope you’re all having a good Saturday everyone xx

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Depends on the herb - just sayin :D

Some of the fruit ones have dried pieces of apple or other fruit in them for sweetness (if they’re natural) or artificial sweeter or sugar if not. Label reading should be the diabetic mantra. I just wish it were easier on the eyes, the print is so small on most food labels.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sixes for Saturday 6.4 at 7:30. It could have been a lot worse and it’s my own fault. My neighbour came round yesterday and I had 2 frangipani mince pies (I’ve said in an earlier post, mince pies are my downfall!) Anyway I had really bad indigestion at 1am and spent 2 hours sitting in a chair sipping hot water. Serves me right :rolleyes:

Hope you’re all having a good Saturday everyone xx
TWO mince pies…..? Sorry you suffered for it but thats a bloney good reading all the same.

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And the pendulum swings back into the sticky zone - FBG 6.2 this morning. Poor nights sleep, the feline on the other hand slept fine - on my head. It was a cold night so the fur hat was not entirely unwelcome.

Covid jab later - changed my mind and decided to have one, think it’s better than coming down with it over Xmas. That would just be my luck.
Good luck with that.
Had my booster not long ago and spent a hellish 24 hours shivering and teeth clattering , trembling and sweating, freezing and melting, no energy, totally wasted and spread over my sofa with quilt wrapped around me, central heating on full, blistering cluster headache, and to top it all, violent tummy upset.
I suppose I was an unlucky one who reacted terribly to the vaccine.
I've not had Covid to the best of my knowledge and don't want it.
As I say......
Good luck.
Hope it goes well for you

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All ready for sweetener and Blood Glucose testing and I get taken ill and had a hospital visit past 24 hours, so I've postponed the testing with squash etc for now.
This morning BG 12.7 mmol.
Most likely higher due to the hospital attendance and stress ....
Will prevail in the end and this is just a temporary blip.....
Wishing you all a nice weekend....

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All ready for sweetener and Blood Glucose testing and I get taken ill and had a hospital visit past 24 hours, so I've postponed the testing with squash etc for now.
This morning BG 12.7 mmol.
Most likely higher due to the hospital attendance and stress ....
Will prevail in the end and this is just a temporary blip.....
Wishing you all a nice weekend....
Seeking unplanned medical attention on a Friday evening/Saturday morning can't have been easy.
Wishing you a steady recovery. Hope this is just a temporary blip, as you say.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Water is the logical choice for hydration, but I find it tediously boring and bland to drink on a regular basis.
Try slice lemon or lime or both
Slice cucumber (specially nice in summer)
Slice fresh ginger root.
Mint, fresh I you can get it
Or any combinations of above
All better if kept in fridge for a few hours first.
All nice with sparkling water too for a change or special occasion feel.
Hot tea made with any of the many fruit or herbal teas available.
That same tea left to go cold and chilled
Might take a while for your tastes to adapt but once they do the possibilities are endless.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs we have anglia water where I live and I think it’s horrible. I can’t do lime or lemon in water either as it reminds me of washing up water, not that I’ve ever drunk washing up water lol! :joyful: :joyful:
We’ve got the same water & I drink it, has to be cold though, have you tried it with a few mint leaves in?