What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All so 7.4 this morning but unexpected day of eating whether it matters or not! @Ashybang sorry you have been so ill and hope you are improving @RosemaryJackson hug for the bad sleep (btw Schweppes Slimline tonic water best for bg even if it has all sorts of artificial sweeteners) @Peanut234 welcome to our friendly corner and hope it helps. Happy Sunday everyone.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Congrats to all those whose BG is going in the right direction for them. Commiserations to those who are not happy with their readings, and/or who are in pain, poorly or otherwise down in the dumps. Hugs all round.

Libre 6.4
Meter 7.2

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We’ve got the same water & I drink it, has to be cold though, have you tried it with a few mint leaves in?
Yes, chlorine may affect the taste and smell of water straight from the tap, so best to leave your water to stand covered in the fridge. Chlorine is very volatile in water and will soon evaporate.

Mint is fully hardy. but as temperatures dip, growth slows; by January it will have died back to its rootstock, so best grown indoors during the coldest months of the year, if you want a constant supply of fresh leaves.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6.3 this morning, have had a headache for a few days but its easing gradually. Blooming freezing here, wrapped up with no amount of layers at the moment - feel like I am the Michelin woman!

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.1 this morning, tantalisingly close to the happy hive.

No adverse effects from COVID jab so far beyond a headache and a mildly achy arm. Went for a swim this morning and alls well. My fisherman friend told me to keep my arm moving after the jab, which seems to have helped a bit.

Have a good Sunday, all.

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks well - wishers, for the thoughts sent.
I'm OK up to a point but, have health issues that dont need discussing atm.
Anyway this mornings BG reading was 11.2mmol.
Keep trying to reduce it and it rebounds, possibly due to meds and current health.
Reading went up to 13.7 mmol after a couple of hours (no breakfast), but has settled back down to reading of 9.7mmol a few moments ago.
Have to think of nutrition for the day, as I'm ready for a bite to eat and will endeavour to keep it very low carb.

Peanut234

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.9 today. But woke up earlier than normal. Tested at normal time - (still fasting) 10.4
Had a silly thought that if I was a morning person I could just wake up earlier to get lower numbers ( though I assume it would adjust)
But of all the adaptions I am making, getting up early is not going to happen:)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.9 today. But woke up earlier than normal. Tested at normal time - (still fasting) 10.4
Had a silly thought that if I was a morning person I could just wake up earlier to get lower numbers ( though I assume it would adjust)
But of all the adaptions I am making, getting up early is not going to happen:)
Hi @Peanut234. One approach is to have your last meal of the day no later than 18.00 and avoid snacking afterwards.

Ashybang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BG 13.6mmol on waking @7.15am.
Had something of a sugar rush last night,
Visiting and having sugar in a creamy coffee. ( It was so nice, I had it twice).... so what could I expect different.....
Absolutely nothing!
Have a good day friends.....

Peanut234

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Peanut234. One approach is to have your last meal of the day no later than 18.00 and avoid snacking afterwards.
Thankyou @LivingLightly
I am a bit of a night owl. I make sure i finish my last meal by 20.00 (usually by 19.30) and don't snack afterwards, although I usually go to bed at midnight.
I am up by 8.20 am and take my first reading at 9am ish. I then swim for an hour, and then eat my first meal after that. usually at about 10.30 am.
Do you think that this schedule is contributing to my high morning number?
Do you have any information on where the 1800 hrs meal time comes from?
I'm only a week or so into this - lots to learn:)