What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6.4 this morning. Lovely outside sunny, very breezy but I knew that if I hung my sheets out it would have chucked it down! Went for a run instead and a spin on the bike :cool:

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t tested for a few days but this morning was 6.2
taking a two month break from dairy….I’mvery sad, love my cheese and heavy cream. Hoping (or maybe not hoping) that it clears my constantly runny nose and congestion.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haven’t tested for a few days but this morning was 6.2
taking a two month break from dairy….I’mvery sad, love my cheese and heavy cream. Hoping (or maybe not hoping) that it clears my constantly runny nose and congestion.
Hi @Bcgirl

I'm passionately fond of cheese too. To forgo cheese and cream is not going to be easy having given up so many foods already due diabetes.

Have you considered allergy skin tests? Sensitivity to virtually all allergens that cause allergic rhinitis and sinusitis, can be determined with skin testing; not only foods, but also airbourne allergens such as pollen, animal fur, dust mites and pollution.

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Bcgirl

I'm passionately fond of cheese too. To forgo cheese and cream is not going to be easy having given up so many foods already due diabetes.

Have you considered allergy skin tests? Sensitivity to virtually all allergens that cause allergic rhinitis and sinusitis, can be determined with skin testing; not only foods, but also airbourne allergens such as pollen, animal fur, dust mites and pollution.
I have been tested and tested for allergies. I’ve done all the skin tests and blood tests. Dairy has never been an issue…but it may not be an allergy, just an irritant. I’ve gone dairy free before for a year and I’ve got no problem just trying again. I can happily eat meat for a few months, in fact I feel great eating that way.
l’ve suffered for years with idiopathic chronic hives, the worst thing ever! Never figured out the cause but I haven’t had a single hive since 2019….hence my diet has to be very strict.
know allergies…peanuts, walnuts, wheat, gluten, dogs, cats, most grasses