What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.5 at 7:40
Do you post your typical day of eating @LivingLightly? I want to get into the 4s or low 5s at least.
Goodness! Thanks for the compliment @MissMuffett

Yes, I post daily here.

and there's a lovely community here:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...y-low-carb-forum.75781/page-3111#post-2694708

I tend to rotate the same tried and tested, diabetic-friendly meals quite a bit. Although my pool of recipes changes through the year as and when new ingredients come into season, there is quite a lot of repetition.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 7:0 at 7:30
A rare pub meal out last night. Twice baked soufflé and salad (best option on the limited menu). I drank sparkling water but then spoilt it by having a hot fudge brownie which totally wasn’t worth it as it was dry and tasteless. It didn’t stop me finishing it though! :rolleyes:

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 7:0 at 7:30
A rare pub meal out last night. Twice baked soufflé and salad (best option on the limited menu). I drank sparkling water but then spoilt it by having a hot fudge brownie which totally wasn’t worth it as it was dry and tasteless. It didn’t stop me finishing it though! :rolleyes:

Not at all bad considering! I’m always tempted by desserts but usually manage to restrict to ice cream . I wish I could find one which had less sugar, I’ve turned into a label nerd in the supermarket.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I am mostly 5.8 FBG, yesterday’s was 6.1, so similar zone .

Just been for a swim which will have sent blood sugar through the roof, but it means I can have a stonking great brunch before my travels and I’ll be nicely nourished for the rest of the day.

Stay well and enjoy the day.

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was far higher this morning at 6.8

going to try again a late snack in a few days as I’m sure there’s some response going on in the night, where if I eat something i don’t get a higher reading in the mornings.

Not scientific because I did take my first reading after a bit of morning exercise, not first thing as sat up, so that could have skewed it a bit too.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
olate Pots. Often found in the "free from" sections as they are dairy free (I believe but double check if that's important to you) I also believe they're vegetarian but again, check.
Look out for the Coconut Collaboration little Chocolate pots. You get 4 very small pots, each is 8g carb but taste very good, even better if you can put a teaspoon or 2 of cream on top. Be careful though their other products are higher carb.
4 used to be about £2 but they've recently gone up to to £2.89 in Sainsburys
Not at all bad considering! I’m always tempted by desserts but usually manage to restrict to ice cream . I wish I could find one which had less sugar, I’ve turned into a label nerd in the supermarket.
Sorry editing gone all wrong but think you'll get the gist