What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All yesterday 8.0 today 8.4 stressful day 4 hour drive around a busy M25 bumper to bumper which was a bit Wild West! @LivingLightly we eat at 6.30pm which is as early as Mr P can manage and never later than 6.45pm unless we are away which we are this coming weekend. @RosemaryJackson hope you are feeling better. @flonvic good luck with your appt today. Take care all.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All yesterday 8.0 today 8.4 stressful day 4 hour drive around a busy M25 bumper to bumper which was a bit Wild West! @LivingLightly we eat at 6.30pm which is as early as Mr P can manage and never later than 6.45pm unless we are away which we are this coming weekend. @RosemaryJackson hope you are feeling better. @flonvic good luck with your appt today. Take care all.
Thanks for your reply @PenguinMum. Unfortunately, coping with stress for several hours plays old harry with our BG levels and stress hormones, as you realise. The best antidote is to go for a walk and let off steam, but exercise of any sort is impossible when you're stuck in traffic!

flonvic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No luck with diabetic nurse.If my morning number goes above 10 she will reconsider Linagliptin!DONT take post meal readings.

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.5 until I had a piece of cheese which brought it back down to 5.5

highest I've seen it for ages, completely forgot my tablets yesterday though so might be why.

also haven't been as strict as I usually am on the carbs recently, but post meal readings still have been in range.

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday morning 4.61 Seems like my meter calls for more carbs, since my FBG is stable, I am not adding more carbs to my diet. Weight is stable and metabolism is good. Drinking 4 glasses of water helps lower BG. Have a nice day everyone!