What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 mmol/L on waking up. Just got my H1A1c results and got it down to 38 mmol/mol. I'm shocked, it made my day. And no, I wasn't going into hypos often. Low carb diet works wonderfully!
Morning @Mac Dabrowski and welcome to this FBG thread for diabetes of all types. We're pleased you could join us again.

Congratulations on a splendid HbA1c result. Well done you!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 5.9 this morning . I am on Steroids hence have very high readings after dinner (24.4) in early evening.on a high dose of Gliclazide which brings the BS down by morning. Anyone else with similar problems?
Morning @Sharara

May I suggest you post your question again in the Diabetes Management forum where you'll find a subforum: Other Health Conditions and Diabetes? You may receive a better response that way.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 mmol/L on waking up. Just got my H1A1c results and got it down to 38 mmol/mol. I'm shocked, it made my day. And no, I wasn't going into hypos often. Low carb diet works wonderfully!
Well done on the A1c result and keeping such a tight control of your T1 management. Hope your diabetic team are impressed with your results as we are.

RD02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Nice Hba1c for a type 1. I’m also a type 1 and my last Hba1c was 39 like you no hypo’s but I’m not really low carb, I’ve just really nailed my ratios and my trick is i basically weigh everything when possible

EmmaWithTheD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
My first post, first morning prick. I was feeling good about my reading until I saw the numbers above : 13.9 was my reading this morning.
I am hoping my lifestyle changes and meds will result in a positive downward trajectory for my bsl.
Happy Friday