What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning but then got cocky & had homemade bread with some local honey for breakfast, spiked at over 11 & then crashed to 2.9 by midday Ah well tomorrow is another day & back to the oats & yog for breakfast…
Good evening @Paule Foster and welcome back to this FBG thread for all comers. We're pleased you could join us once again.

Congratulations on achieving a respectable FBG reading first thing this morning. Unsurprisingly, your home-made bread and local honey sent the blood glucose readings soaring. Honey is no better than sugar unfortunately. Ah well, tomorrow's another day, as you say.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Phew 5.9 this morning! I didn’t post yesterday as it was 7 and it made me fed up! Why do some of us sabotage ourselves. I’m desperate for this operation and my hba1c has to be below 6.9 before they’ll do it! :rolleyes: Keeping my fingers crossed isn’t going to achieve it now, is it!! (rhetorical question btw) :joyful:

I’m off to see ‘Wicked Little Letters’ today so the next challenge is resisting the popcorn and bag of sweets.

Have a lovely day everyone and hugs to those who would like one x

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In case anyone is annoyed with their readings today:

I do a fasting test a few times a week just to check I am still on the straight and narrow. I don't do a first thing in the morning test as my FOTF works faster than my co-ordination when I wake up, so usually I test just before I eat, which is brunch. This morning after a shopping trip and before brunch was 6.7. WHAAAT????? And one hour later, still fasting, 5.2.

Dynamic business this BG, eh? Or possibly a dud strip.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In case anyone is annoyed with their readings today:

I do a fasting test a few times a week just to check I am still on the straight and narrow. I don't do a first thing in the morning test as my FOTF works faster than my co-ordination when I wake up, so usually I test just before I eat, which is brunch. This morning after a shopping trip and before brunch was 6.7. WHAAAT????? And one hour later, still fasting, 5.2.

Dynamic business this BG, eh? Or possibly a dud strip.
Evening @Outlier

I suppose it depends on the purpose of your FBG records. Testing as we wake is the simplest way to ensure the conditions pre check are as close to identical as humanly possible. The results then provide a useful benchmark for day to day comparison.