When someone feeds you coke by mistake....

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I personally don't bother, one contains sugar which will leave me very poorly unless hypo-ing and the other contains artificial sweeteners which also have the potential to cause damage to my body (although much is speculation, no smoke without fire..)

Sbritland88

I got into an argument once with a waitress at an upmarket steak restaurant in London. Ordered the usual diet coke, got given the full fat kind (confirmed luckily by my husband) and when I asked if she could swap it for diet she then decided to give me a weird lecture about how diet coke has more sugar in it than full fat. She was adamant this was the case no matter what evidence I could give to disprove her!! English wasn't her first language so I'm hoping she just got mixed up with the meanings, still not sure why she would rather argue with a diabetic than just go and swap the drink!

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I don't go to pubs or clubs, but if I did, it would only be a bottle of diet coke/pepsi ( but still would rather have a nice cup of tea) :D

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I only ever have mineral water when out better safe than sorry

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've never heard of putting strip into liquid, does it work with food? How do you test food?

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can't tell the difference between them. My metre reads 33 control test for red coke and error for diet.
Supprisingly it only read 4 for hot chocolate but sent my bloods soaring

Rita60

Heavy cold? Check.
Loss of taste? Check
Ordered a pint ofdiet coke? Check
Didn't notice it was full fat due to earlier issues? Check
Drank it all? Check.

Feeling a bit **** now with a spike that's got a hell of an upwards velocity? Oh yes.

Stuck the Novorapid in intramuscular to try and speed up the action.

Drinking coke when you don't have a hypo. Not recommended.
That's Not good, I won't have coke where they have a tap that includes 6 other drinks, insist on a bottle