Where's the ideal injection site for insulin?

cmx9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been injecting it into my gut, but I've found that there are many nerves in very specific regions around my belly button that are painful. I don't know if I should be aiming for those or avoiding them. Does it matter? Should I see blood when I remove the needle? I lack the education on all of this and idk where to begin.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
the secret is not to inject into the same place , you can use legs bum and tum , arms can be used ( depending on what advice is given personally I was told not to use arms years ago whether that’s correct now I don’t know )
alternating sites will help prevent lumps and consequently poor insulin absorption ,

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd avoid sites you know are painful for you.
Occasionally you can hit a capillary and you might see some blood. If this only happens in specific spots, I'd avoid those.

I prefer belly (all the way to my sides and up to my chest) and upper arme, but buttocks and legs are fine too, I just don't like using them. A friend of mine prefers legs so she often injects there.

1706890037313.png