Who gets eczema on their fingers/hands?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys!
I was just wondering if anyone else with Type 1 Diabetes gets eczema on their hands or fingers due to washing their hands often because blood glucose testing? I do and was wondering if anyone else goes through this.

Also I'm looking for someone around 7-12 years old to talk to!!

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
My GP prescribed a cream that could be used as a substitute for soap/ shower gel and as a lubricant. Sorry I can't remember the name but you could ask at your GP practice or maybe the local pharmacist could recommend something similar?

Reactions: gvintagedrken

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had eczema on my hands before I was type one but what I did was slathered my hands with a prescribed very simple moisturiser and wore cotton gloves from the pharmacy on top and slept with them on, and I think it really helps x

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, i do not have them on my hand (yet) but since i just diagnosis like 2 months ago i will make sure to monitor for it,

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I only wash my hands before testing when I have touched sugary things. Normally I just wipe away the first drop of blood and use the second. I retest if the outcome is much different from my expectations. This is exactly how my DN told me to do, and it works perfect for me. I hope your hands will get better!

Ruby26913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for all your support I’m on a different account though because I lost my old one! Thank you!