Why are my blood sugars so erratic

jaco64

Having been first diagnosed roughly three years ago with Periphial Neuropathy (feet) I was later diagnosed as having Type 2 Diabetes. my treatment first involved diet control and medication (methormin). several months back I was then placed on insulin as my blood sugars were very high I started of on ten mmls increasing it to 20mmls. at first my blood sugars dropped to around 9 - 12/13, But this last week they have been going all over the place and just last evening my last reading for the day was 20.4. II have become lathargic and am suffering with dizziness, confused etc; This morning my reading had dropped to 17.4 but I still feel unwell. My feet are burning and have become sensertive to touch.. Can anyone tell me why my blood sugar levels are so irrattic. I am 68 years of age. Thank you jaco

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jaco,

Can you tell us what sort of things are you eating?
Are you balancing your insulin levels to the carbs in the foods?

Illness or infections can also make your levels rise, so is anything else the matter or have you started taking some different medications?

If you let us know a bit more about all these things we can maybe shed some light on this for you.

Best wishes
Angie