why do some people get the choice of a pump?

LauraC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't say they were any easier from what I've been told. You have to think about if it's working properly.. changing the cartridges etc it has its pros but also it's cons just like injections do! Diabetes the gift that keeps on giving! I know of 2 girls on the pump but they were given it because no matter how hard they tried they couldn't stable theirselves due to being very sensitive to insulin etc and in one case she also has a pump because of her job. I seem to be stable on injections for now so it would never be an option until there was any real need for me to be on a pump at the same time im not sure i would want a pump im not sure i like the idea of some thing attached to my body.(unless it was essential for my life that i needed one, then obviously thats more important than what i want). sorry you've had a tough time, :( x in an ideal world a working pancreas would be great! Haha :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
At one time the criteria in my area was that the patient made huge efforts on MDI but their diabetes was still not well-controlled. That was my case. Personally, I just gave up on the NHS and its hoops to jump. I got a pump privately when living abroad and it works for me. I now realize that had I NOT been so demoralized by the NHS I might actually have got one in the UK. But if wishes were horses....