Wired.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As some of you know I was diagnosed with prediabetes after losing 16 kg in 35 days (I was starving in this period plus depression), my glucose test after two hours was 189 mg/dl, I also made a c-peptide and insuline test and both were in normal values, however some of you guyes suggested that might be LADA after so much weight lose. What is wired after a few days with the LCHF diet which I didn't studied enough and I am 100% sure that I've done it wrong I noticed that I started to put back some weight, also the urinating is not that bad anymore, is better but still a problem.

I also made a GAD test but I will get the results in about a week.

If I were to be a type1 it is possible to put weight back?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wait for your blood test, just keep cutting the carbs, including fruit...so whatever insulin you do have, can work on the protein, fats and non starch veg
if you weren't trying to lose and eating enough,,losing weight is a symptom. LADA can take years before you don't produce insulin, or you may be T2..either way you need to get your Blood level down
you can put on weight with protein and fat after your body gets use to it, as you know cutting the carbs is keeping your sugar levels down a bit.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Tibi. A lot depends on the result from your GAD test and a possible treatment plan.
There are many simple diets to choose from, might be best to wait until you get the GAD result next week before you make a decision.
You will soon get more help from this nice forum,
Best of luck meantime.:)

Reactions: 2 people

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But how an I be type 1 if I was diagnosed as prediabetic, makes no sense.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But how an I be type 1 if I was diagnosed as prediabetic, makes no sense.
Your correct that does not make sense,o_O
Tell your Doctor to explain exactly what kind of diabetes you have, it might help if you can ask them to write it down on a paper note for your reference. that may help when you need to give the information to other people or even us on this forum etc;
Seems as if they are telling you too many things which is even more confusing for you and everybody else.:confused:
keep in touch.:)

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well my hba1c was 5.2 , my fasting glucose was 86 mg/dl, c-peptide and insuline were in normal values low HDL high LDL and failed the glucose test at two hours it was 189 mg/dl. Based on this I was diagnosed prediabetic put on a crapy diet and sent home.

I feel really bad dizzy and light headed... now I am trying the lchf diet and it seam to work, my blood sugar is in normal range al the time even after meals but I still feel bad. I am hopping that in time my body will find some sort of balance. What is wired is that I am starting to gain weight again after I lost 16 kg.

I really hope the GAD test will be negative.

Thank you guys for the support I am in hell :)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your hba1c, fasting glucose, insulin and C peptide test were all normal.
Your OGTT was in the prediabetic range.

Sounds to me like, despite your weight loss and pending your GAD result, your are more likely to be prediabetic than t1 or t2.

But at the end of the day only your doctor can give you a proper diagnosis.

Since you find that the diet helps, stick to it.

Regards

Pavlos

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got my GAD results.

My value 0.6.

<07 negative.
07 - 1.1 borderline.
>1.1 positive.

From what I know there should not be any antibodies if I were to be prediabetic or diabetic, is that correct?