Woke up with two swollen knees without injury

kellywelly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can anyone help?

I went to bed last night absolutely fine. Woke up this morning unable to bend my legs. Both knrrs are badly swollen and show no sign of going down. My feet feel a little hot this evening.

My sugar levels have been consistently high for the last few months as Metformin appears to be no longer working. I have an appointment on Tuesday regarding moving to insulin and testing for LADA.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know whether I should try to wait until Tuesday and see my gp or consider it more urgent. It could be non related but I am concerned.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Metformin appears to be no longer working.

If insulin resistance has deteriorated then Metformin might not be all that's required. If insulin production has deteriorated then that's another matter which sounds like your GP will be discussing next week.

It could be non related but I am concerned.

As you say it could be unrelated. I've had my share of swollen knees because of arthritis, but nothing that happened overnight. If your GP is happy to discuss more than one problem you cold wait but phoning 111 might be a better idea.

All the best.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Can anyone help?

I went to bed last night absolutely fine. Woke up this morning unable to bend my legs. Both knrrs are badly swollen and show no sign of going down. My feet feel a little hot this evening.

My sugar levels have been consistently high for the last few months as Metformin appears to be no longer working. I have an appointment on Tuesday regarding moving to insulin and testing for LADA.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know whether I should try to wait until Tuesday and see my gp or consider it more urgent. It could be non related but I am concerned.
Do not delay, symptoms like that warrant immediate attention. Your health is paramount. Let us know whats happening!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree with the others, you should get that checked out straight away

kellywelly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the replies.

I woke up this morning with tingly feet, so I have just come back from the walk in centre at the hospital.

The doctor said they think the cause of the swelling is my raised sugar levels and that the swelling is having a knock on effect on my feet.

I have to get the swelling down and then get my GP to look again on Tuesday.

I never realised raised levels could cause swelling. My level was 14 when they checked at the hospital. It has given me a fright though.

Xx

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone help?

Have you had an allergic reaction? Are you allergic to anything?