Work worries

Caz765

Hello. I was diagnosed a week ago. I've not been able to work as I'm struggling as feel unwell.
I can't face speaking to people.
I had to go see my nurse for 3 days as my sugar is high.
I've been very I'll the last few months but blamed it on my underactive thyroid so was shocked to find out i have type 2. I also have osteo arthritis and bipolar.
I have been on the edge of having a mental breakdown and need a couple of weeks to get my pills settled and to not break down.
Can I be sacked for being sick?
I am on a written warning for 5 days off with chest infection and kidney infection.
Before being put on pills I was hyper and going asleep at the drop of a hat its bit better but I'm still exhausted. And now worrying about being off work.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello. I was diagnosed a week ago. I've not been able to work as I'm struggling as feel unwell.
I can't face speaking to people.
I had to go see my nurse for 3 days as my sugar is high.
I've been very I'll the last few months but blamed it on my underactive thyroid so was shocked to find out i have type 2. I also have osteo arthritis and bipolar.
I have been on the edge of having a mental breakdown and need a couple of weeks to get my pills settled and to not break down.
Can I be sacked for being sick?
I am on a written warning for 5 days off with chest infection and kidney infection.
Before being put on pills I was hyper and going asleep at the drop of a hat its bit better but I'm still exhausted. And now worrying about being off work.

Sad to read that you are struggling with your health but high blood glucose levels can contribute to your conditions and can even affect your emotional state.

You have not provided any info about your glucose levels. Do you mind me asking how high your levels are?

Why has your employer given you a written warning for sick leave? Did you have a doctor's letter?

Caz765

Hi
Hbac1 80
Blood sugar varies from 9.1 to 17
On 2 x 49mg glicazide per day.

I didnt have a sick note as off under 7 days.
I had anti biotics for a kidney infection. Also had a sore throat/virus but couldnt get a covid test at the time.
Given a written warning for 5 days off work.
Now off as exhausted and depressed and trying to get my sugar down. And worried I'll get the sack.
Thanks for any help