Type 2 working hard to reverse this and seeing results

barakiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed with type two in November 2016 I didn't know anything about it so I went on a 6 week expert course to learn all about it read books and on the internet to learn. I immediately took control of the situation I found myself in, and started on my own low carb diet, and excersise. my diagnosis was 51 after 3 months of dieting and no medication my reading came down to 46, I carried on with my low carb diet and another 3 months have just gone by and my reading with the diabetic nurse was now down to 42. I have now lost 2 stone 6 pounds and continuing to try get lower. im now doing an experiment just for a week of eating protein mainly.and carbs each day at a very low 25 to no more than 30 carbs a day and at the end of the week see how I go on doing this for a change I will then go back to my low carb diet still watching the carbs I eat but not as low as im doing now, I count everything I eat and im doing 3 meals a day. my reading this morning on my own glucose machine was 5.6 ive lost another pound so see how I go on. im not eating bread potatoes cerial cakes biscuits sweets chocolate, but im eating protein like fillet steak pork chicken and only mushrooms and spinach as veg no fruit, I feel fine and full on this and for pudding I have suger free jelly and double cream. and so far its working whether I have 25 carbs or 150 carbs im still having the same readings in the middle fives on fasting. I do believe that its possible to reverse type two and so do a lot of other people, and so far my efforts have been working. well I will see how I go on .

Reactions: NoCrbs4Me

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @barakiah ..
Well done and many congrats on your strategy, your control and your readings .. an inspiration showing others that with will power and commitment, it can be done :p:p