Working My Way Back

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all :)

Haven't posted in this section before as due to a longstanding neck injury I was quite limited in what I could do. Seeing a lot of improvement lately so hoping to work my way back up - maybe not to my previous levels of fitness but near enough will do.

I've mainly been stuck doing (careful) yoga & hiking but recently started cycling (nothing hard core) & kayaking again. Today I tried shadow boxing for the first time in a looooooong time so hope I pull up OK tomorrow! Also came across what looks to be a good site ( www.fitnessblender.com ) with tonnes of workout tutorials & hope (there's that word again!) to try a few out.

Anyway I'll be trying to do something each day & will post in the regular moderate exercise thread - see you there :)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back. well done and good luck with your progress.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Safi That was a silly post of mine, wasn't it? :facepalm: Sorry, misread you. Not welcome back, but welcome here. The good luck bit still stands though.
Also I admire your level of exercise. Your choice of activities would suit me just fine. Only shadow boxing would be a first for me. I almost wish I was a bit larger so I'd be easier to hit.

Reactions: 2 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't cast a particularly impressive shadow myself @DeejayR but I do get to aim my punches at a rather-too-cheerful animated trainer on my nintendo wii :) I'm not the most coordinated person around but I do get a kick out of it!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd give that a :D:D if it didn't look as if I'm trying to boost my posts.
However, I admit the whole wii thing has passed me by. Is it truly useful for exercise?

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get so much more use out of the nintendo wii than I thought I would @DeejayR
Husband bought it for a bit of fun (you can play virtual tennis, virtual archery, virtual golf & all sorts) but I use it almost daily to do my yoga, bodyweight strength training & boxing. I've found it to be excellent for exercise.