Worride I am developing Neuropathy in my hands & feet

Meg2009Arm

We went away for the weekend on Friday and on the way stopped at Services to eat. Not much choice so I ended up having something with too much carbs. A few hours later, whilst on the beach flying a kite I noticed my index finger on my right hand was completely numb and white. After about 40 mins it started to tingle and eventually came back to normal. Does this sound like Neuropathy? I am generally very good with my food choices and usually opt for low carbs options. My Hba1c's over the last few years have gone from 7.2 to 7 to 6.8 and the last one was 6.2 (although this was achived by very low carb diet and weight loss that has left me underweight and struggling to maintain loosing more). I am type 2, on SR Metofmin x 2 a day and 1 x Sitigliptin.

I am due to see a consultant on May 16th so will bring this up then. But just thought I'd ask peoples opinions as I thought I was doing OK with my control. Could it be something else and a coincidence?

Highlanders

Dislikes
Those who try to tell me what I should do. Pompous, arrogant people who think they know everything after 5 minutes!
To be perfectly honest, no it doesn't suggest neuropathy to me at all. What it does suggest though is that if you were using your hands flying a kite (dunno where the feet come into things btw?) then that could have been the reason for your finger tingling and going white, because the circulation was interrupted ? After you stopped then it went back to normal.

I have had a similar experience when climbing and lifting heavy equipment using ropes. It happens so I wouldnt go worrying too much. If you are then the way to find out if there is a real problem is see your GP about it.

A

Anonymous

It might be raynaud's syndrome. I get that as well when my hands get too cold. As Highlander said. best see your GP.

Meg2009Arm

Thanks for your replies. Thinking about it I probably wound the kite string round my finger without noticing! However I jumped to this conclusion because I have been having tingling, not quite pins and needles but almost in my right hand and foot, left side seems to be OK. Will definately bring it up with the consultant in a few weeks.

Thanks again.