Your Advice Has Worked Wonders In Just 7 Days

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
The following results after my first week since diagnosis if T2 are largely due to following the advice provided by this community.

Pre: diagnosis (day before first test and diet change) 12.6

Day 1: 10.5, 7.1, 8.7 (no pre-breakfast reading first day)

Day 6: 7.1, 6.0, 6.7, 7.7
Day7; (so far) 5.3, 6.3

The change was cutting out the porridge and skimmed milk for eggs, salmon and blueberries for brekkie.

I'm actually excited about seeing the nurse tomorrow.

Reactions: 18 people

nirouleur

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's brilliant, Kevin. I'm slowing transitioning out the carbs. But I'm really only on day 3... haven't been taking readings at every meal. I'm hoping to see some small changes on the scales to get really excited! But keep it up! Great start...

Reactions: 4 people

lorsand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Congratulations on great results. My results last week were pleasing (third week), I had a take out on Friday of chicken korma and naan bread and wham .... my results have been high ever since even on very low carb diet, I'm gutted.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
The following results after my first week since diagnosis if T2 are largely due to following the advice provided by this community.

Day7; (so far) 5.3, 6.3

The change was cutting out the porridge and skimmed milk for eggs, salmon and blueberries for brekkie.

Well Done!!

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just off to see the nurse at the end of my first week.

Anyway, I thought I,d just check my Blood Pressure. At the beginning (a week ago), I was averaging 150/94. This morning I could not believe it...wait for it .....123/69. I know everybody is a unique individual, but for me, knocking carbs on the head is turning my life upside down

Reactions: 10 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on great results. My results last week were pleasing (third week), I had a take out on Friday of chicken korma and naan bread and wham .... my results have been high ever since even on very low carb diet, I'm gutted.
Korma's really bad far too sweet and as for naan.. slap on the wrist.. usually have chicken or lamb tikka with saag or mushroom bahji and doesn't have too bad an impact 1-1.5 higher.. so you can still have take out just different stuff.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Anyway, I thought I,d just check my Blood Pressure. At the beginning (a week ago), I was averaging 150/94. This morning I could not believe it...wait for it .....123/69. I know everybody is a unique individual, but for me, knocking carbs on the head is turning my life upside down
hopefully its more like downside up!

and very well done on getting your readings down.

Regards
Mark

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored

Day7; (so far) 5.3, 6.3

Well done Kevin good luck with the nurse tomorrow. let us all know how you get on.:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bulkbiker... "down side up", it is!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just returned from the doctor's surgery. It was quite funny really. She could not believe my results, infant she downloaded them to check I wasn't fibbing..haha.

So this week's challenge for me:

1. No carbs at all other than the small amounts you get in veg and a tiny amount in protein - this will be less than 20g a day.

2. 1 day fasting each week - something about this will kick my fat burning furnace into action .... We'll see

Anyway, I am totally committed to this lifestyle change so, I'll report back with a summary at the end of week 2

Bye. Kevin

Reactions: 6 people

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Do vegetables (carrots, green leafy count as carbs?). Well done Kevin, I'm new too so happy for advice and seeing results on carbs. Any weight changes??

Pussytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bad mannered people.
Kevin, I think I might try the fasting as well. I have just started cutting out the carbs...I feel really guilty that I lived on spuds and Weetabix drownded in fully skimmed milk and had no idea what it was doing to my blood sugar levels because I never tested (lost my meter...). Saturday I bought a new meter as I didn't feel well. I was shocked by the results as I averaged 19.0 and had a high of 29.3 (after boiled ham butties). Just watching the carbs has brought my average down to 13.4. Just cutting out the bread and spuds was a start.

Reactions: 6 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
PussyTidy what a shock that must have been.

Alicki, lost 4lb and I wasn't remotely focused on this aspect.

S

Sean01

Excellent. The reduced blood pressure is a bonus - it comes with the low carb diabetes lifestyle - or so it would seem. Looks like you are on the way to feeling younger and healthier. keep it up. This is inspirational stuff.
T2 Oct 15, and with ref to your brilliant results - currently the lowest blood pressure and resting heart beat since I started university in 1984. Good luck with your journey