YpsoPump vs Medtronic 780g

gradenko80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I'm upgrading from the Medtronic 640g and was just about sold on the 780g when my educator told me about the Ypsomed. It's a bit more difficult to find reviews and info so what are your experiences with it? Specifically with the closed loop system, auto-bolus, alarms, etc. Are there any significant pros/cons of both?

The small size + going over to Dexcom are the big pros for me with the Ypsomed. But does one have an edge over the other in terms of the auto correction/closed loop system and adaption/pattern recognition? At the end of the day tighter glucose control is probably more important to me than size and weight.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't help but also interested, I notice it's the same manufacturer as omnipod. Currentlyim using omnipod and freestyle. I've a pretty active, physical, outdoors lifestyle.

I'm hoping by the time I'm approved for CGM and closed loop the bugs have been ironed out.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I'm upgrading from the Medtronic 640g and was just about sold on the 780g when my educator told me about the Ypsomed. It's a bit more difficult to find reviews and info so what are your experiences with it? Specifically with the closed loop system, auto-bolus, alarms, etc. Are there any significant pros/cons of both?

The small size + going over to Dexcom are the big pros for me with the Ypsomed. But does one have an edge over the other in terms of the auto correction/closed loop system and adaption/pattern recognition? At the end of the day tighter glucose control is probably more important to me than size and weight.

Hi there,

I am upgrading to Ypsomed from the insight pump 27th February.
I’ve got full funding for looping.

Last month I started Dexcom G6 in ready for my upgrade.

I already have the pump and supplies.

I had to invest in an android phone as currently iPhones aren’t compatible with the software for looping. I bought a cheap refurbished one yesterday from Back Market.

I researched all the pumps my hospital offered and non of them felt right.

One of the biggest reasons for choosing Ypsomed is that it uses pump carts, as does the insight pump I’m currently using. This is a game changer for me.

It’s nice and small, simple to use and I joined a facebook group of Ypsomed users as I was also unable to find many users on here.

Until I upgrade 27th Feb I can’t say much more. But, in my opinion it beats Medtronic’s clunky pump hands down. I’m a female and currently house my insight pump in my bra! I’ll be doing the same with Ypsomed due to its small size.

Once I get going I can let you know how it’s going!

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
intersting pros and cons on the YPSOMED PUMP
which i will be going on in nov 2023
i have already said a TYPE 1 DIABETICE NOW HAS TO FUND 1 Smart PHONE a laptop for downloads and BROADBAND
broadband £30-00 per month smartphone £ 30-00 per month sim costs inc costs of phone Laptop say £25-00 per
so i rate that at £85 -00 per month TOTAL COST PER YEAR £1050.00 but i sure better heath is a bonus anybody like to comment
vic old style know what it was like in 1950 insulin wee test that's it take care

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You can get broadband cheaper than £30.00 per month, and whilst some only need it for their diabetes, a large percent of the population want it anyway.
You can buy a cheap smartphone second hand and get a good deal on a sim only plan for under £10 a month.
A laptop, again some people may only use it for their diabetes, but a lot of people will have a laptop that they use for all sorts of things, not just their diabetes.

shelaughs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I struggled to find decent info on the Ypsopump, but then I went on Youtube and found a brilliant video which gave the pro's and cons. The videos were called "Type One Talks", I have yet to make my mind up which to choose, the Medtronic 780G or the Ypsopump.