Type 2 Zero sugar biscuits

JGR1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just recently been diagnosed with an HbA1c of 54. After losing 10lbs in 6 weeks (through diet and exercise) it's now 50. I have a sweet tooth so have substituted normal biscuits with the ZERO sugar type. Are these OK or do their carbs just turn to sugar? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks John

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Zero added sugar does not mean zero sugar. Zero sugar does not mean zero carb. If they're not zero carb, then they will affect your levels.

Carb eaten will be digested to glucose. Maybe your system can handle it, and maybe not. What does your meter say?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The carbs will without doubt add to your blood glucose eventually. all carbs go to heaven via the alimentary canal. It is not sugar that is your enemy, it is the carbs that are the elephant in the room. Think of carbohydrate as being a hydrocarbon like petrol.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just recently been diagnosed with an HbA1c of 54. After losing 10lbs in 6 weeks (through diet and exercise) it's now 50. I have a sweet tooth so have substituted normal biscuits with the ZERO sugar type. Are these OK or do their carbs just turn to sugar? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks John
If it's made with any sort of grain, there's carbs in there. Sorry. Those can spike you, as they convert to glucose in your body. Better to have some cheese cubes or something as a snack.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find if I want something sweet fresh coconut does the the trick & minimal effect on blood sugar

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bake/make my own low carb cakes or biscuits.

But only a few at a time, and I freeze them and only take out 1 portion a time. They are expensive to make so that's another motive to not eat or make many.

This is uk site with some simple recipes.

At first I used to want something sweet everyday day but now I go days or even weeks without remembering I've anything in the freezer. Long term it is best to try to loose a sweet tooth. Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: Outlier