ITCHING - HELP

SLEIGH

Hello, my husband was told he was type 2 last Aug, we tried to do it by diet but that did not work, he is now taking the medication but has really itching skin so much so it is painful around his back and tummy. He has also noticed that his feet seem cold, although when you touch them they are not, and hurt - he has told his nurse but I dont have very much faith in her she just seems not to be very pro-active, does anyone have any tips or advice on what he can or should be doing?:?:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi sleigh, welcome to the forum.Does your husband test his blood sugars?Sometimes high blood sugars can cause itching,sometimes so can the medication.He needs to see his doctor and explain about his feet.

Knowledge is the key to control

lopper

hello s
im t2 about 6 months now
before i was diag
my legs used to get very cold
now im on metformin
ramipril for blood pressure
when i first took met
i got terible itch
not bad enough to scratch it
it went gradually over 3 weeks
as i said before i took met
feet were cold
now my feet get a bit hot
they feel a bit sore to touch

better hot than cold
when walking about
my feet swell
shoes feel a bit tight
hope that helps a bit
half an hour exercise
a day helps a lot
take care

SLEIGH

Thank you for this, in answer to your questions - Yes he does test his blood, the readings up until last week were around the 14 high we know, he has been on metformin since november time. As the readings were not changing at all - it was clear to me that the metformin was not working. He now takes half a gliclazide (40) before breakfast and evening meal and in the past week the readings have come down to 12/11 in the morning, still high. Is it normal to only see the nurse or do others see a doctor as he's never seen the doc about anything to do with his diabetes? thank you again for your help.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sugarless sue</i>
<br />Hi sleigh, welcome to the forum.Does your husband test his blood sugars?Sometimes high blood sugars can cause itching,sometimes so can the medication.He needs to see his doctor and explain about his feet.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I see my doctor as often as I see the nurse,about once in 3 months but my diabetes is quite well controlled.With his bloods being so high and the feet I think he should consult a doctor.