One word?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You WANT to keep sticking bits of metal in yourself?

I am sorry to keep being the downer here but I do not think it is very helpful to say this sort of thing.

It is very very obviously not true.
Rather bits of metal in me than bloody big bits of metal in my coffin lid.
I have to be honest and say you really use to p*ss me off with your take on diabetes and life BUT overtime I've grown to like you and the alternative perspective you bring to the forum.
Unfortunately " true " is only what any one of us believes to be the truth. If I don't believe it to be the truth then it'll never be true.
I would say try to be positive but it would be like me urinating into a strong wind.
In some ways I understand you and your take on diabetes.

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unfortunately " true " is only what any one of us believes to be the truth. If I don't believe it to be the truth then it'll never be true.

This is why we disagree.

If I drop a brick on my foot it will hurt whether you choose to believe it in your little head or not.

Diabetes makes us do horrible things to ourselves. That is a fact whether you choose to believe it or not. If you don't want to believe it, fine, stop taking insulin, see what happens to you. No normal person would like it. If you think that just denying that sort of just makes it not be true, then you need a very serious reality check.

Lots of people do this on this forum, they say things that are lovely and positive but are simply wrong. The best one is "it doesn't stop me doing anything." Yes it does and anyone who denies that is either a liar or an idiot.

I cannot take any pleasure in all this positivity if I know that it is simply wrong.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@NoKindOfSusie . If , when handling bricks you take precautions, safety boots for instance, then any mishaps will result in minimal pain to aforementioned foot. Be prepared for what life throws at you ( or drops on you ).
In my little head I would take a brick on my foot everyday rather than feel the pain in my heart of losing a loved one.
Diabetes is easy. Go talk to a parent who buries their child. I have and believe me diabetes is a walk in the park.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My, my Susie. thank God I don't believe your truth.....and that is all it is - your truth - nobody else's....

My one word to describe my journey with diabetes would be........just that, "journey"

Blessings All/L (Sorry Susie, but the nice things are still going to be spoken!!)

Reactions: JP808 and h4kr

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My, my Susie. thank God I don't believe your truth.....and that is all it is - your truth - nobody else's....

I honestly don't understand what you're saying. It seems like you're denying things that are obviously true.

What is it that you don't believe?

Again I have to ask do you LIKE being sick?

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Actually as we’re only allowed one, will have to take back my ‘hard’ and replace with

Onerous

(One of my favourite words - can’t believe I forgot it originally - sums it up perfectly for me!)

Reactions: Sibyl and therower

h4kr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know I started this.. but one that was mentioned above has struck a chord with me:

Journey

This is deffo a journey and learning experience

Reactions: Sibyl and therower

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I honestly don't understand what you're saying. It seems like you're denying things that are obviously true.

What is it that you don't believe?

Again I have to ask do you LIKE being sick?

It's a matter of perspective.......I have had three life threatening cancers - that I call sick......diabetes, not so much, so no, I don't see myself as sick. My body isn't what I would like it to be, but, hey, it functions pretty well given the 68 years it's been breathing and living this journey called life....believe me when I say I am not denying a thing - I have both eyes wide open!L ( Sorry to derail the thread but I felt a further response was necessary, even though opinions remain the same).

Thanks, h4kr, for picking up on the word 'journey'.Cheers/L

Reactions: Sibyl

caius2x8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You WANT to keep sticking bits of metal in yourself?

I am sorry to keep being the downer here but I do not think it is very helpful to say this sort of thing.

It is very very obviously not true.
Diff people, diff approaches.
Sorry its getting you down.
I found, thou it may not work for you, living a fairly flexible life helps me minimise the significance of the diabetes.

caius2x8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @derry60
I have said in the past that having diabetes is a pest but being diagnosed is a positive thing as it gives us the tools to do something about our health.
Thankfully, I was only feeling under the weather for a couple of months when I was diagnosed but I was starting to wonder when I would get my energy back. And, 3 months after my diagnosis I did the Moonwalk for Breast Cancer (26 miles through the streets of London overnight) which proved it didn't take me long.
But, as I said, we are all different, we react different ways to many things in life including diagnosis with a chronic disease. There is no right or wrong way to react just different views on life.

Well done on your weight loss. Congratulations on being able to fit into your old clothes. I wonder if you used it as an excuse to "reward" yourself with some new clothes.
(That was a rhetorical question ... reflecting my person reward system)
Did u do the 26 miles in the style of an astronaut or Michael Jackson? Eiou!