Help needed

Allanmax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Need some advice quick. Been ok but now shaking like mad. Sweating like crazy and dizzy as hell. Only been diagnosed couple of weeks, haven't got a blood monitor yet. Am I going into hypo, sweats dripping and fingers feel like lead and shaking like crazy

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Need some advice quick. Been ok but now shaking like mad. Sweating like crazy and dizzy as hell. Only been diagnosed couple of weeks, haven't got a blood monitor yet. Am I going into hypo, sweats dripping and fingers feel like lead and shaking like crazy
Yes, sounds like a hypo

Reactions: Allanmax

Allanmax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
**** what's the best thing to do. I'm in the work. Eat something sugary?

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Your profile page shows your medication as metformin. It's highly unlikely to be a hypo if that's correct. It could be that you are having a false hypo or that your glucose levels are too high. Either way treating it with a sugary drinks is not a good idea

Juju13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As said above it's probably I false hypo I've had loads best to just ride it out mine usually pass quickly

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How is your diabetes treated? If you haven't been prescribed test strips I have to assume it's not treated with medication that a can cause hypos. Therefore you are probably having a false hypo where your body is so used to being very high that it wrongly thinks lower numbers are something to panic about. Medically youre advised not to treat false hypos as you need to get your body used to these lower numbers, rather than just elevating them again.

Allanmax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
False hypo? ****** **** that's a another thing? Just had a banana and half a marathon bar and it seems to be receding a little. God that's scarey

Edited by mod for language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: philchap1

Allanmax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow wasn't prepared to for the that. Yes metaformin. Didn't even know false hypo so where possible. OK I'll have to look more closely at that

Allanmax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok yes I had a small banana and a small chocolate bar. Either up or down I'm not sure. If I know on my meds its probably false I'll sit it out if it happens again. But a work a machine at work and that's scare me a little I'll tell you.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If GP says no. Use info on here to aquire a code free one? Discount via no vat if diabetic.
I'll tag @Liam1955 he knows meter details.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ok yes I had a small banana and a small chocolate bar. Either up or down I'm not sure. If I know on my meds its probably false I'll sit it out if it happens again. But a work a machine at work and that's scare me a little I'll tell you.
Tell gp you use machinery. Ask employer if they will contribute if gp says no. As like glasses for pc users there must be something a decent company can do to help?

Reactions: Liam1955