Diabetics R Us

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We may be older but we can still read the small print.

And I liked David Bowie and the Stranglers too .

Here it's quite fine
Sun is shining and our washings on the line.

:):)
I can read the small print with my glasses on !!But our music was better !!!:dead:

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bluetit1802 Do tell it as you see it and I suppose you cant be plainer than that I suppose.

But on a more serious note Andy Murray is making his comeback competitively this Wednesday in my town and I couldn't get a ticket now that's tragic.

I have an excuse for telling it as I see it - I am a born and bred northerner! Blunt as a club. :arghh:

Wishing Andy the best of luck in his attempt at a comeback. If all goes well with his hip he says he will be at Wimbledon.

Reactions: heh and JohnEGreen

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We may be older but we can still read the small print.

And I liked David Bowie and the Stranglers too .

Here it's quite fine
Sun is shining and our washings on the line.

:):)

O ... K ... is that a David Bowie lyric?

Reading about the Dansette record players reminded me of my first transistor radio that I got for Christmas, maybe 1963. One Christmas almost every kid in our neighborhood got a bicycle; just a couple of Christmases later almost every kid got a transistor radio.

Sort of like this one:
8777983437_ecaab9c49b_b.jpg

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Terrible night here with thunderstorms and heavy rain :meh: and it looks like we're in for more.

My fist bike was a second hand one my dad re-painted for me, I got it for Christmas when I was 8 I think.

Where's @Antje77? Haven't heard from you for a while.

Have a good day.

H :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thunder storms forecast for here today.

I got my first bike for my fifth birthday learned to ride it indoors as we had a very big room upstairs.

But push bikes for me have sort of mixed memories my mother remarried when I was sixteen I was due to give her away at the wedding went out on my bike the day before crashed it at high speed into a brick wall bike frame bent and I ended up with a slightly busted nose and two very black eyes so was a bit of a sight when I walked her down the church aisle the next day mum was not best pleased step father found it amusing.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stay safe all you folks in the eye of the storm.
Gloating here. It is very hot, blue sky, big yellow sun, no wind. Delightful. Even Tiny Tortoise is hot and bothered. :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Bumblebees, bumblebees, big fat fluffy fabulous bumbly bonny bumblebees!
They love the clover blossoms below my window but they make navigational mistakes and end up in my living room. They do not like my living room and neither do the dogs like to share their living room with the bumblebees. So I've gotten real good at catching them with my bumblebee catching machine and freeing them!
I made the machine myself and it consists of an empty mug and the back of a pen needle box.
I love the word bumblebee. In Duch they're called hommel, which is sweet too, but not as happy a word as bumblebee :)
Where's @Antje77? Haven't heard from you for a while.
Yes, where are you?
I hadn't forgotten about you guys! It's just that when you miss a notification the thread won't show up in the notifications anymore until you open it. And I've been getting a lot more notifications now as a moderator so I've lost track a bit. And I've been trying to learn moderating stuff and there's only so much time I want to spend on the forum. And I've been posting in the T1 thread a couple of times. I like that thread too, but it moves a little too fast for me, so I'll keep popping in here :)

Reactions: heh and Bluetit1802

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love need in the garden but I have had a bad experience this afternoon with a bee .Entirely my fault .Winnie the pooh was a bear with very little brain and I think I might be very closely related
I put my hand into a small pocket in my bag and something pricked me HARD on the finger So _______ I put my other hand in to see if I could see the pin and the bee stung my finger on the other hand it HURT :arghh: My husband gently tipped the bee out and it staggered off it seemed ok and got more sympathy than I did
Carol

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I love need in the garden but I have had a bad experience this afternoon with a bee .Entirely my fault .Winnie the pooh was a bear with very little brain and I think I might be very closely related
I put my hand into a small pocket in my bag and something pricked me HARD on the finger So _______ I put my other hand in to see if I could see the pin and the bee stung my finger on the other hand it HURT :arghh: My husband gently tipped the bee out and it staggered off it seemed ok and got more sympathy than I did
Carol
Poor finger and poor bee. The bee will die, they don't survive stinging.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got a bicycle when I passed my 11+ exam. It was a red Raleigh with straight handle bars. I was a bit disappointed because I wanted a Pink Witch.

I was given my first "English" bike -- that's what we called all 3-speed bicycles with hand-brakes back then -- when my parents decided a bicycle would be a better idea than the lesson horse that had just bolted with me. I wanted a Raleigh but I got a sort-of lookalike bike from Sears. Nice bike but it wasn't a Raleigh.

Reactions: heh and Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are hundreds of bumble bees in my garden at the moment. The red bottomed females. I have tried to plant things they like and it has worked. As a child I was terrified of them. It took years to get over the far, but now I just love them. I even rescue the poorly ones with a bit of jam or sugar. It is wasps I can do without.

Reactions: heh

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a patch of garden that had some solitary bee holes I carefully left them until the females had gone ,we also had a burrow of bees last year but they haven't come back to the same place this year I save bees trapped in the conservatory but I have no idea how a bee got zipped into a small pocket in my hand bag I hope it went off recover from its trauma .My two fingers are just a little tender but most people are worried about the bee :angelic:
Carol

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My two fingers are just a little tender but most people are worried about the bee :angelic:
Bee stings hurt and I feel for you. Hope your fingers go back to normal quick!
But if you look at it from the bee's perspective I'd choose sore fingers over a ripped off bottom any day... especially because of the lack of fingers for the bee :p

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if there are any bees -- or other animals -- who are allergic to humans?

Serious question. I just never thought about it 'til now.

Reactions: Antje77 and heh