Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:

• a high temperature
  • a new, continuous cough
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.

You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.

No tests as they're too expensive for us peasants , but if you're a rich footballer or celebrity or an MP you get properly tested . Don't mind us peasants we can sit home coughing and out of breath because that's all we are worth (NOTHING)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And as someone else said on another thread..after this coughing for a week it would be nice to know if it actually was coronavirus...then we would know that we can get on with our lives without fear of catching it again. No, they can't even let us do that.

Reactions: wiserkurtious

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
And as someone else said on another thread..after this coughing for a week it would be nice to know if it actually was coronavirus...then we would know that we can get on with our lives without fear of catching it again. No, they can't even let us do that.
My friend has been told to stay home for seven days cos he has symptoms , wasn't offered the test , but no doubt he will be added to the number now . He has also been in contact with others who he drives to and from on a mini bus, still nothing about tracing them so potentially he has the virus and has spread it to 19 more people . Its sounding more like a big lie in my opinion and yet it is gripping us with fear and anxiety .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it was me on the other thread. I WANT to know if I get ill whether it is CV or not as that will shape my life, and others, as I go forward. Surely the more testing the more valuable info is acquired for analysis. Sourh Korea did drive by style testing for huge numbers efficiently and I see no reason why it couldnt be done in multiple areas here. Its just not good enough IMO.

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes

I don't think anybody knows yet whether you can catch this again. I think, just like flu, there will be mutations and a yearly jab.

Reactions: jjraak and surdoux

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
...& there are worst things to be diagnosed with, regarding a continuous cough.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it would be useful and reassuring to know if you had recovered from it I totally agree but perhaps

1. It’s so wide spread already that contact tracing is becoming pointless
  2. If resources are limited which they are I want them going into treating those most seriously affected not those who can self manage
  3. Numbers of not so serious cases become less relevant for actual care, more statistical interest. Numbers that need help to survive it are more useful at this point and other countries are far enough ahead that presumably we can extrapolate from them

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
I would think in the future people with existing conditions could be tested after they suspect they have had the virus, even if the wait is months, allowing them to plan ahead

Reactions: HSSS

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation

I've had this dry cough now for over a month,went to the doctors 2 weeks ago and he said my chest sound clear and give me steroids,first time taking steroids and darn I struggled with my sugars :). I'm getting a little paranoid now and thinking should I go back to doctors or ring 111.on a night the coughing wakes me up and I gasping with my eyes watering,only really happens like twice a night but feels like it isn't getting any better :)

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had this dry cough now for over a month,went to the doctors 2 weeks ago and he said my chest sound clear and give me steroids,first time taking steroids and **** I struggled with my sugars :). I'm getting a little paranoid now and thinking should I go back to doctors or ring 111.on a night the coughing wakes me up and I gasping with my eyes watering,only really happens like twice a night but feels like it isn't getting any better :)
I am sleeping propped up on the sofa...as I often do when I have a cough or cold. I only had 24 hours of dry cough and then it became a chesty cough. I was gasping for air for that 24 hours too...its horrid. I hope you feel better soon

Reactions: wiserkurtious

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
I am sleeping propped up on the sofa...as I often do when I have a cough or cold. I only had 24 hours of dry cough and then it became a chesty cough. I was gasping for air for that 24 hours too...its horrid. I hope you feel better soon

I've a wife and 4 girls and they've all had it, my youngest has had it really bad this year they all passed it on to me.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I've had this dry cough now for over a month,went to the doctors 2 weeks ago and he said my chest sound clear and give me steroids,first time taking steroids and darn I struggled with my sugars :). I'm getting a little paranoid now and thinking should I go back to doctors or ring 111.on a night the coughing wakes me up and I gasping with my eyes watering,only really happens like twice a night but feels like it isn't getting any better :)

Edited by Mod
sounds like the cough virus i had which turned into bronchitis. It lasts about eight weeks coughing during the night and it won't move and takes your breath . Maybe we've had the coronavirus and never knew ?