Tattoo yes or no ?

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Been type 1 for 4 years now and am thinking of having a bracelet tattoo with type1 and pretty charms on it , would really like other peoples opinions , and if any girlies have had bracelet tattoo ! If so photos of any type 1 tattoos would b great

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Blimey there's been loads of these threads of late asking the same question. I would say go for it if that's what you want Kerry, just be sure to use a reputable tattooist to carry out the work and keep a close eye on your bg readings for a few days after.

Reactions: 2 people

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Ah thank u so much I really appreciate your response x:)

Reactions: 3 people

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Blimey there's been loads of these threads of late asking the same question. I would say go for it if that's what you want Kerry, just be sure to use a reputable tattooist to carry out the work and keep a close eye on your bg readings for a few days after.
Do you have any tattoos ?

Leeroy1303

Ive been type one for 28 years I have full back tattoo both arms sleeved most of my chest and legs just take your time in choosing the design and tattoo artist and like noblehead says keep an eye on readings for a few days:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Thanks leeroy can't believe how many tattoos u have and I'm panicking about 1 on my wrist lol, does it hurt , I just see it as diabetes is with me for life so I don't think there will be any regrets and also fed up on spending £40 a time on I.d. Bracelets as they keep breaking , do u think bracelet is a good idea x :)

Leeroy1303

Theyre a bit addictive if im honest lol yes they do hurt depending where on the body you have them and yes I think the bracelet is a good idea as im in work and left my id bracelet at home today lol and if they ever find a cure BIG LOL you could get a cover up :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Yeah right a cure we should be so lucky I could always put the word WAS before type 1 on my wrist lol thanks for your help much appreciated

Reactions: 3 people

witchyjo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
Do it Kerry ... What a fab idea I have a few and love them all .....

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Ah thank u so much witchyjo do u have diabetic tattoo xx

witchyjo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
No but am now very tempted might have one under my wrist so if I collapse elegantly it will be displayed nicely

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Mmm will have to try that , collapsing elegantly , that's funny , I look awful after a hypo lol :)

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395350847.046017.jpg

Old school DUK logo! I didn't want writing on it, it was just the symbol until they changed the logo!

Don't get a logo! Haha

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 people

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
No I've not had any Kerry.
Maybe your the sensible one , how long have you been diabetic for , had a nightmare tonight got chest infection on antibiotics so have to half my levemir as antibiotics make me hypo , had **** hypo this afternoon so couldn't correct bg felt awful earlier on so tested ketones and was+++ so been a pin cushion all evening and haven't stopped drinking water " have u ever experienced the same problem ,it just seems a battle at times , hope I'm not boring u lol x

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
View attachment 3735
Old school DUK logo! I didn't want writing on it, it was just the symbol until they changed the logo!

Don't get a logo! Haha

Indiana x

ah thanks for reply tattoo looks lovely will definitely take your advice about logo ,I'm going to have tattoo on my wrist which looks like a bracelet what do u think x

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds nice! I wish I'd have done something like that. It looked nice when it was just the logo.
Was gutted when they changed it!

Indiana x

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
How dare they change it lol, let's hope nothing else changes or they find a cure soon as we will be putting the words WAS before our tattoos x

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha!! That's true!!!

Will have to get a bigger one to cover it!

:s how tacky could that look!

Indiana x

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Oh god could u Imagine that what n earth would I have on my wrist x